What's new
hi guys, I have my cart! Now first of all I have to update it.

Well, I put in my new FAT32 microSD these folders:

games --> inside there are ALL the games from the SmokeMonster pack and there is a Menu folder. Inside this folder I put the new menu files downloaded from this topic
update/menu --> here too I put the new menu files downloaded from this topic

Now I I have to insert the microSD in the flashacard, I insert the cart in my MVS consolized console and tunr on. I have to wait about 20 seconds and then turn off and put again the microSD in my PC: if the files from update/menu are disappeared, it means that the update is correct and I can start to load games, correct?

You should also have the Menu folder and files inside of the games directory

As rewrite said, you also need to copy them manually to \games\menu\*.*

edited: read the help thread so this needs not be here!

2nd edit: read the instructions ... aka RTFM !! and hey ! my behavior is a feature :/

sorry boys! :whistling:

Last edited:
Is there any ETA on a new update? Or info on which bugs/features will be addressed in the next release? Just curious.

Is there any ETA on a new update? Or info on which bugs/features will be addressed in the next release? Just curious.
We have a large list of updates we are working on. We are also trying to rework the way the SD card is accessed to fix some of the issues people have with writing games, returning to the menu etc. Right now we have a group of people trying to reproduce all errors people are reporting to try to figure out what is a multi issue and what is an issue with people's individual setups.

We are also trying to put together a rom pack that works for everyone. It seems some of the roms may be corrupted based on where it was downloaded from. For example some people report that Last Blade 2 is not working and resets at the character select screen. It works perfectly fine for me on the proto and two different final carts so must be the rom I'm using.

Lot's of things being worked on. If there weren't soooooooooooooo many different MVS pcb revisions it would be much quicker. Good progress is being made tho.

We have a large list of updates we are working on. We are also trying to rework the way the SD card is accessed to fix some of the issues people have with writing games, returning to the menu etc. Right now we have a group of people trying to reproduce all errors people are reporting to try to figure out what is a multi issue and what is an issue with people's individual setups.
We are also trying to put together a rom pack that works for everyone. It seems some of the roms may be corrupted based on where it was downloaded from. For example some people report that Last Blade 2 is not working and resets at the character select screen. It works perfectly fine for me on the proto and two different final carts so must be the rom I'm using.

Lot's of things being worked on. If there weren't soooooooooooooo many different MVS pcb revisions it would be much quicker. Good progress is being made tho.
Awesome!

My school holidays start at easter, looking forward to playing some games :)

For any arcade enthusiast thinking of becoming a teacher, don't, I have no free time.

Awesome. will try it out tonight.

Firmware is still the same, no need to update correct?!

Just updated the menu files on my card. Everything looks the same. Still says 147 games supported out of 161, but the build date confirms the update was successful.

Back