What's new
My thinking is that when it first says "updating game settings" that it is flashing slot 1 at that point, and that process takes 20-30 seconds. And then it goes on to slot 2, and 3.

But I don't really know.

:D
yes, it seems so! I have exatly this strange issue. If i delete the BUFF files and clean the nvram, the issue disappears. But after 3 or for new flash all 3 slots at a time, this issue appears...
It's exactly the same for me, too. Using the latest firmware/menu (as of the time of this post), Unibios 3.3, on MV-1FS. My SD card in diagnostics is about 30MB/s read and write. If I clear the backup RAM from the menu before exiting the menu, it skips that delay and goes directly to flashing and seems to go a lot faster. But I didn't exactly measure it.

Hello
When i update fw and menu, play some game cant run,what can i do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120_211815.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120_211815.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 134
Sorry if this has already been asked, but how do you use this feature? And if you disable hot keys completely, how would you go about changing games?

* Possibility to disable hot keys completely. Besides being good for Arcades where operator doesnt want intervention, another advantage of this is that this cart is the only one providing 100% original code if you use a OG bios. This can be used in competitions as now code is run 100% as original. Unibios and NeoSD introduce some additional code that may alter the original / intended running of the game.

I wish there was a way to go from a game directly to the game list. Make it easy to access the menu from the game list.

Maybe change Up/Start to the game list instead of the menu?

There really is no need to go back to the menu every time.

And I also don't see the need to go to the 3 Slot list while the guy walks out. I can just pick the game I want by using the joystick/start button combo left/right. While you are in a game, there are only two other options to pick from any way.

And if you are loading 3 new games, it should just start the first game when it's finished loading all 3 slots.

Just my random thoughts on this.

:D

Last edited:
And I also don't see the need to go to the 3 Slot list while the guy walks out. I can just pick the game I want by using the joystick/start button combo left/right. While you are in a game, there are only two other options to pick from any way.
Makes perfect sense if you disabled the ingame buttons.

Depending on how you set up your cart different options make different amounts of sense. Thats how it is when you have flexible hardware.

Will the firmware work on the AES cart or is a different patch going to be needed for it?

Hey guys

So, I had a little free time tonight and decided to try again to get this working. So I did this:

1. Got the latest firmware (flash.img and top files) from the first post here.
2. Got the latest menu from the same post.
3. Grabbed the Darksoft Neo Geo Base Pack 2018-04-02
4. Installed Windows 7 SP1 on a laptop I have available.
5. Formated a kingston 32GB microsd card using the Win7 laptop.
6. Uncompressed the neogeo base pack on the microsd
7. Deleted the \update directory that came in the pack from the microsd
8. Created a new \update directory in the microsd
9. Copied the flash.img file to the \update directory on the microsd, put the microsd on the cart, and powered it on. The screen turned blue a couple seconds, then crosshatch pattern. I waited about 5 minutes there.
10. Turned the neogeo off, checked the card, and the flash.img file was gone, so it seems the ARM was updated.
11. Copied the top file to the \update directory on the microsd, put the microsd on the cart, and powered it on. It went straight to the crosshatch patterm. Waited 5 minutes and powered off the neogeo.
12. Checked the microsd, and the top file is still in the \update directory, so it did not update.

At this point, I'm pretty sure this thing is broken. So, is there any way I can fix this thing by myself? maybe JTAG or something? any other tests that can be done?

Thanks for any pointers!

You can send it to me if you wish. I know it will not be cheap but we will get you sorted either way.

You can send it to me if you wish. I know it will not be cheap but we will get you sorted either way.
Thanks Mitsu, I think I will, however I'm really curious to know if there are any other options that I can try before sending it in, or at least to try to understand the problem it has, because (as you say) sending it, plus repair, plus returning it can get expensive quickly. Regarding the problem, all I know is that the cart was working fine, then I tried to update it and somehow it ended this way, it would not delete the top file, and always give crosshatch...

Honestly the only cart send to me with the same symptoms was the result of putting the update files in the wrong folders and was fixed by updating it properly. I trust you are doing it correctly though.

Honestly the only cart send to me with the same symptoms was the result of putting the update files in the wrong folders and was fixed by updating it properly. I trust you are doing it correctly though.
So, maybe the cart is not badly broken and can be fixed easily? Is there any way to force the update of the top file? for instance: some routers (I know, very different from a multicart, but it's just an example) can use TFTP to install the firmware if the main one gets damaged, some other multicart I have can use a RECOVERY.BIN file to force an update if its firmware gets corrupted...anything like that here that can save my cart from traveling again to the US and back (and through customs again!)?

Back