What's new
Everyone please check 1st post. Both menu and Firmware have been updated.

Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions
Tried to update again, because this line gave me hope:

* Fixed and error where If the flash memory on the MVS board is empty or has incorrect data describing the FPGA configuration, it was not possible to upload a new FPGA configuration and use the basic MVS functionality (NEW in this version)

However it still does not work. I'll be packing and sending my cart ASAP.

I've updated everything but only tried to boot a couple of games.

@Darksoft is it normal to have Firmware revision : 0x0000?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20190220_160524_556.jpg
    IMG_20190220_160524_556.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 169
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using original bios over Unibios for this latest version of firmware/menu?

the only obvious advantage is that a few of the newer games (2001- ) that originally wont work in AES mode, will be able to work thanks to a hack that the unibios has. Were talking of about 10 games.

Just updated, everything went perfectly/as expected.
Booted KoF98 just to see if it was working, let the demo/attract mode run seemed fine.

Maybe in the future we'll integrate them. The HW is ready for that. for now AES and MVS have different flash.img and top files.

Just wanted to report that I've been using the new firmware/menu and playing MVS a lot over the past few days. I haven't run into any bugs or issues yet!

I have a general question though. When should one delete the BUFF file on the SD card? Is it necessary to do this when changing region and/or console/aes mode within unibios?

Just wanted to report that I've been using the new firmware/menu and playing MVS a lot over the past few days. I haven't run into any bugs or issues yet!

I have a general question though. When should one delete the BUFF file on the SD card? Is it necessary to do this when changing region and/or console/aes mode within unibios?
I've got a lot of feedback like yours from many other users. Looks like we are on the final version. Fingers crossed.

Deleting BUFF file and clearing NVRAM should ONLY be done when upgrading the Firmware or the menu. Changing region is part of the normal usage of the cart.

Have fun!

I've got a lot of feedback like yours from many other users. Looks like we are on the final version. Fingers crossed.
Deleting BUFF file and clearing NVRAM should ONLY be done when upgrading the Firmware or the menu. Changing region is part of the normal usage of the cart.

Have fun!
Runs pretty stable now. But... are you not planning on supporting the protected games by handling them correctly in the cart? Using patched versions is certainly okay but not very elegant.

Also.. no more implementing of feature requests? There are still a few things users are not all that happy about. Like the animation of the start menu taking too long. Stuff thats no deal breaker but certainly worth tackling.

Using patched versions is certainly okay but not very elegant
I too hope this is just a temporary work around for now.
ROMs should always be "clean" IMO, if the game requires patching it should be done by the cart in memory/upon load.

I think the goal is to achieve 100% functions then implement features and menu optimization, sounds like a good plan to me, menu stuff takes time and will come next because as you said not a deal breaker. Of course they will find a way to avoid patching, that has been already told, in the meantime it's at least playable.

IIRC the only reason they're patched is because the few people who have figured out how the protection on these games works haven't shared that knowledge yet... so they can't run the original protected ROMs because we don't know how the protection scheme works yet.

Once that information is known I'm sure the cart will support it.

As soon as the info for not needing the patch is released to the public we will support it of course. Some people don't like to share though. Patched version works fine.

Back