What's new
you should be able to "see" some differences.. for example now there are thumbnails for all games, in the previous version some games didn't have thumbnails

Could it be the new menu doesn't save menu settings?

I always get the "Checking File System" and "Resetting to defaults" when I power off and on again. (I have a MV1B with unibios. And yes my battery is fine. I just measured it.)

Also tried Last Blade 2. And that works fine for me. Using the rompack from the site here

Same problem here
Good to hear I am not alone.
I have List view, direct boot to game and music off. And every time I power cycle it just resets back to default. And thats bad because I have a medical condition where listening to Axel F makes my face turn green <X

:D

Same problem here
Good to hear I am not alone.I have List view, direct boot to game and music off. And every time I power cycle it just resets back to default. And thats bad because I have a medical condition where listening to Axel F makes my face turn green <X

:D
Same problem here, same medical condition here. I was told it's because my MVS backup memory battery is dead, which is why I requested the cart to be changed to not use the MVS backup memory and save its setting in the sdcard. Also, no idea how it would work on AES, since AES has no backup memory...

Last edited:
It is not the battery because the previous menu worked fine

It is not the battery because the previous menu worked fine
Its absolutely, positively, certainly NOT the battery because I put my multimeter to it and it still has 2.8V like it always had... since I changed it a few months ago.
And yes the previous menu worked fine.

the battery is a different problem, what they mean is that they lose the settings without hard-reseting the board.

the AES version will manage the settings in another way, obviously :)

Just curious. Did everyone remember to place the update files in both locations?

Yes, just the standard procedure. Even tried clearing backup ram first, and then updating.

Just curious. Did everyone remember to place the update files in both locations?
Yes. Always followed the instructions. And it got deleted from the update folder so the update worked fine just like last time.
This really looks like a bug in the menu. I even deleted the slot and buff files on the SD

As I mentioned, it must be related to the NGH number selected, but worked fine here. I've commented out for now the update and we'll check it tomorrow.

Menu update does not work. There are only white stripes in the picture to see. Have the old menu files on it again.

Menu update does not work. There are only white stripes in the picture to see. Have the old menu files on it again.
We disabled the new menu download because of a weird bug that shouldn't have popped up. Regardless your experience should not have happened. It worked fine visually for many others.

If you you see corrupted pictures in the menu thumbnails, sounds like you didn't copy the menu update to both the update and also the games folder.

Back