What's new
Tons of fake Chinese microSDs around yea, I only buy 'em sealed in blister packages from local stores like Staples or Bestbuy (I refuse to order online even from retailers like Amazon it's gotten that bad).

For me the crashing while loading/writing games to slots has only gotten better with the new menu.
To the point where I can't remember if its even happened at all since upgrading.

Now Metal Slug 3 (MVS Mode) on MV1C get stuck on a black at launch with the lastest menu and update.

It was not the case before.

The game only boot and works in AES Mode (with a buggy key config, A everywhere).

MV1C (CMVS Analogue) - Unibios 3.3

I got sometimes this message :

WARNING

THIS ROM CARTRIDGE IS FOR USE WITH ORIGINAL SNK BOARDS ONLY.
COPYING OF SNK BOARDS IS PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN SEVERE CIVIAL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES
AND WILL BE PROSECURED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTEND OF THE LAW.

-----------------------------------------

Metal Slug 2 not working anymore too.
I always get the same error message :

WARNING

THIS ROM CARTRIDGE IS FOR USE WITH ORIGINAL SNK BOARDS ONLY.
COPYING OF SNK BOARDS IS PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN SEVERE CIVIAL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES
AND WILL BE PROSECURED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTEND OF THE LAW.

Last edited:
King of Fighter 98 also have the same red screen message on every launch in MVS Mode.

Just wondering if there is a fix for multi-slots in development. My cart has been glitching out in the 4-slot after powering on. I have it in the first slot. It starts up fine, gets to the game, then will glitch back to the MVS Bios screen. After that it will keep glitching in a loop until I turn it off.

I tried with a normal cart in the same slot and had no problems with it.

that's not normal. There is something going on with your multi. Did you try in a regulare 1-slot mobo?

Could be a voltage issue also. The multi slot pcbs are power hungry. I do all of my testing on a 4 slot and it works great as long as the voltages are good.

that's not normal. There is something going on with your multi. Did you try in a regulare 1-slot mobo?
I don't have a single mobo to try on. Still, why does only the MVS SD cart do this?
Could be a voltage issue also. The multi slot pcbs are power hungry. I do all of my testing on a 4 slot and it works great as long as the voltages are good.
The unit has worked for most other carts I have, without glitching out. I only have that cart in the unit.

The unit has worked for most other carts I have, without glitching out. I only have that cart in the unit.
Still, why does only the MVS SD cart do this?
As @Mitsurugi-w said, did you check the power on the Jamma Edge? Do you get 4.95-5.05V There?
I'll have to get my multimeter from the office, Are you stating that other carts can manage a potential difference in voltage (if that exists), but the MVS SD won't?

it's well known by arcade users and operators, that different boards have different power consumption. As we have stated several times, the MultiMVS cart needs more Amps than a regular MVS cart, so you need to check that you have the right voltage on the jamma edge, as otherwise you may be below operating limits.

@Darksoft, Do you will concider to support Neo Geo CD games on the MultiMVS and MultiAES ?

I think it will be a great feature (and a way to stay better than a NeoSD Pro solution).

Like this people will have no interest at all on the expensive NeoSD Pro and will prefer the Darksoft's MultiMVS and MultiAES ;).

It will be so cool if you can add this feature on the MultiMVS and MultiAES.

Let me see if I can find the post. We were the ones that actually confirmed that such an option was possible and we prepared the cartridge for that. We provided an analysis and confirmed that the audio had to be compressed in order to be transmitted properly in a timely manner. Unfortunately all our functions and ideas have been copied...one by one.

Yes i know it's a shame about T.O copied some of your features @Darksoft
I hope you will be able to release this feature you talked before and make it even better than them.

Only for curiosity, what's the point to play NCD versions on a cartridge?
Way faster loading, CD Audio playback (for some games musics are way more better), bonus contents on some games. And also unreleased games (only CD) on MVS/AES in their true form.
Samurai Shodown RPG for example.

Back