What's new
Samourai Shodown RPG for example.
Not everyone reads Japanese.
Samourai Shodown RPG was fan translated in English, French...
So no problem to play it ;).

You can find some playthough of the game in English in Youtube.

I have only tested the french translation through.

Edit :

Indeed it's seems it's not fully translated only one scenario.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, after updating, after the menu update I got "file system error":
https://i.imgur.com/kUwr9WJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6HQAy6t.jpg
Updated every time a single file always deleting buff and clearing ram in this order:
Flash.img
Cpld
Menu

If I try to flash a game I got stuck on "please wait..." Screen

Trying to flash previous menu doesn't help.

To solve I had to reupdate everything again but this time upgrading the fw with all 3 files together and then the menu.

Doing more test

Last edited:
This new fw will not work properly without the new menu.

I've got the error using the new menu of course.
I solved downgrading everything to the previous release (firmware and menu) and updating again, but this time updating the firmware with all the 3 file (flash.img, top, cpld) at once, then updating the menu

Last edited:
Hi, i need to update both firmware and menu. If i want to be sure that all the procedure will be completed succesfully, is this the right way?

#1 removed SD card
#2 cleared NVRAM
#3 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#4 copied flash.img file to update folder of the SD card
#5 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#6 removed SD card
#7 cleared NVRAM
#8 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#9 copied top file (and cpld file if it is present) to update folder of the SD card
#10 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#11 removed SD card
#12 cleared NVRAM
#13 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#14 copied menu folder with files to update folder of the SD card
#15 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#16 power cycling - done

FIRMWARE

* In AES Mode menu, saves the settings to microSD.
I really wish this feature was present on the MVS firmware too. Or even better: an option to use the backup memory or save to the microSD. As it is now, the cart is a pain to use since MV-1C wastes the batteries really fast.

@legolas119 there is no need to delete the buff file anymore.
Backup ram must only be deleted in the last step.l and its recommended that you update all firmware files at once.

FIRMWARE

* In AES Mode menu, saves the settings to microSD.
I really wish this feature was present on the MVS firmware too. Or even better: an option to use the backup memory or save to the microSD. As it is now, the cart is a pain to use since MV-1C wastes the batteries really fast.
it's not complicated to do. We'll add it to the list

@legolas119 there is no need to delete the buff file anymore.
Backup ram must only be deleted in the last step.l and its recommended that you update all firmware files at once.
OK, i followed now this procedure and this is the final configuration of my cart: https://i.postimg.cc/CxNztbws/IMG-7519.jpg Is it correct, am i right? I don't know which is the missing rom, 159 of 160? I have the last complete SmokeMonster set..

#1 removed SD card
#2 cleared NVRAM (probably not necessary?)
#3 copied all the flash, top and cpld files simultaneously to "update" folder of the SD card
#4 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#5 removed SD card
#6 cleared NVRAM
#7 copied "menu" folder with files to "update" folder of the SD card
#8 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#9 power cycling - done

I read in the new istruction manual that "Protection of games FF2, KOF98 and SSK is not supported yet. Use patched versions for now." Is this issue present ONLY if i use them in AES mode? I just tried them in MVS mode and they works correctly (i'm using the last "reduced" SmokeMonster set, without bootleg, hacked version and so on).

I've updated my MVS MULTI with the latest firmware and menu (2019/07/21 and 2019/07/13)... Update went fine... My MULTI was still on March firmware and menu...I skipped the previous update because I had read here KOF98 gave Red Deadlock Screen in MVS mode...Well, KOF98 is the first game i tried, and it STILL gives Red Deadlock Screen with latest firmware and menu in MVS mode... Anything I'm missing here? MV1-C and Unibios 4.0

Thanks for attention.

@legolas119 I think your ‘missing’ rom is the menu, there are 160 folders on the SD including the menu and ‘only’ 159 of them Re actual games

I've updated my MVS MULTI with the latest firmware and menu (2019/07/21 and 2019/07/13)... Update went fine... My MULTI was still on March firmware and menu...I skipped the previous update because I had read here KOF98 gave Red Deadlock Screen in MVS mode...Well, KOF98 is the first game i tried, and it STILL gives Red Deadlock Screen with latest firmware and menu in MVS mode... Anything I'm missing here? MV1-C and Unibios 4.0

Thanks for attention.
Red deadlock screen with latest firmware...I doubt it, but with unibios included, now that doesn't make sense. Can anyone else with a mv1c please confirm?

I've had the red text error occur with unibios 4.0 mvs1c here , i usually change the system settings to AES and it works fine

Back