What's new
I've updated my MVS MULTI with the latest firmware and menu (2019/07/21 and 2019/07/13)... Update went fine... My MULTI was still on March firmware and menu...I skipped the previous update because I had read here KOF98 gave Red Deadlock Screen in MVS mode...Well, KOF98 is the first game i tried, and it STILL gives Red Deadlock Screen with latest firmware and menu in MVS mode... Anything I'm missing here? MV1-C and Unibios 4.0

Thanks for attention.
I just updated my MultiMVS on my mv1c. I literally just threw all the new files into /update and the new menu into /update/menu and turned it on, waited a minute or so, and that's it. No deleting any buff or nvram or whatever. Anyway...

Firmware - 0x0431
Firmware Build - 0x5bfb
Top file build - 0x35bb
Menu build date - Jul 13 2019
Menu build time - 10:34:20
Supported Games - 169 out of 169
Detected Hardware - MVS

KOF'98 boots. I'm not sure which version I'm using but I bet it's from a roll-up. Guessing it's patched since I think we're still using the patched version of this game, right? Anyway let me know if you need anything else, I can test or troubleshoot. Before the last update mv1c did have some issues I was able to reproduce (Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions), but right now it seems ok.

@beast1x5 @legolas119 which version exactly of the game?
??
I'm sorry I haven't understood... I said in my post that I read in the new version of the istruction manual that "Protection of games FF2, KOF98 and SSK is not supported yet. Use patched versions for now."
Is this issue present ONLY if i use them in AES mode? I just tried them in MVS mode and they works correctly (i'm using the last "reduced" SmokeMonster set, without bootleg, hacked version and so on).

I've updated my MVS MULTI with the latest firmware and menu (2019/07/21 and 2019/07/13)... Update went fine... My MULTI was still on March firmware and menu...I skipped the previous update because I had read here KOF98 gave Red Deadlock Screen in MVS mode...Well, KOF98 is the first game i tried, and it STILL gives Red Deadlock Screen with latest firmware and menu in MVS mode... Anything I'm missing here? MV1-C and Unibios 4.0

Thanks for attention.
I just updated my MultiMVS on my mv1c. I literally just threw all the new files into /update and the new menu into /update/menu and turned it on, waited a minute or so, and that's it. No deleting any buff or nvram or whatever. Anyway...
Firmware - 0x0431
Firmware Build - 0x5bfb
Top file build - 0x35bb
Detected Hardware - MVS

KOF'98 boots. I'm not sure which version I'm using but I bet it's from a roll-up. Guessing it's patched since I think we're still using the patched version of this game, right? Anyway let me know if you need anything else, I can test or troubleshoot. Before the last update mv1c did have some issues I was able to reproduce (Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions), but right now it seems ok.
Update to latest firmware and menu went fine...For the sake, I reformatted my 16GB Sandisk SD card with 64k cluster size on Windows 10 and I updated to the last SmokeMonster's pack (the one with hacks and stuff)...Same problem, KOF98 gives red deadlock screen in MVS mode...I'm on an OMEGA (MV1-C) with Unibios 4.0...Which Unibios version are you using? Maybe I have to enable or disable some options in configuration? Please let me know. I repeat, with March firmware and menu everything went fine. I'm using "kof98" standard patched rom. Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m running Unibios 3.3 on this one. Try that, or stock? Is 4.0 public code?

No it isn't... My modder burnt 4.0 on the 3.3 IC which I regularly purchased.... I don't have an IC programmer to try 3.3... Anyway the game should be supposed to work with 4.0!

Last edited:
When you go into the About section in the menu, does everything read the same?

No it isn't... My modder burnt 4.0 on the 3.3 IC which I regularly purchased.... I don't have an IC programmer to try 3.3... Anyway the game should be supposed to work with 4.0!
The only difference seems to be the BIOS, that's why @ekorz asked.

Given 4.0 isn’t public and I’m not about to buy it, I can send you a 3.3 if you want. shoot me a pm with your address

Thanks, you're kind, but 3.3 free version should be still available to download on Unibios website... Anyway, I don't have an IC programmer so i can't do anything at the moment :/ Can anyone else try KOF98 with MV1-C and Unibios 4.0 with the latest firmware?

Yes I will program and send you an IC. I assume you’re using a neobiosmasta

Yes I will program and send you an IC. I assume you’re using a neobiosmasta
You're extremely kind ekorz , but I'd rather stay on 4.0 since I paid for it... Second, you live in Boston I live in Italy...Quite a mess ;) Let's just wait for someone else to reproduce the problem for now... :)

were trying to narrow it down. It was working well before, so definitely some part of the code needs to be reverted.

I have a 1C with Uni 3.3 and also just updated. Went straight to '98 and got the red rom screen error. Switched to AES and worked fine. I can confirm that my battery was discharged at the time of update and testing. I'm going to let it run overnight, test the battery and then will re-test the game at some point tomorrow. I'll likely re-flash the FW with the known, charged battery also.

Is there a greater dependency on the battery in MVS mode for some reason? It may not be the battery at all, but that's the only variable I can speak to. I had gotten together with @ekorz the last time and we agreed on the issue with the last build.

EDIT - I did delete the slot files prior to the updates (read a response to someone else who did this in the help thread). I would think that couldn't cause an issue, but I can test both ways to rule that out/in.

Last edited:
@noonan2678 that’s weird, I updated mine and KOF’98 is fine. My About settings are above. Anything different with yours?

also menu rom checksum: e60e50bf

@ekorz - 1st, your settings image didn't make it to your post.

I charged the battery up (tested with multimeter) and flashed back to an old version (roughly 3 updates ago) and all was fine. KOF '98 worked fine in both MVS and AES modes.

I then flashed up to current exactly how you did. It def took as new features were all there and files removed, but we can confirm builds etc. too. KOF '98 red screen in MVS mode but not in AES mode.

Also, minor bug, but once games have flashed and cart boots for the 1st time in AES mode, it gets to the UniBios screen then, for a split second, starts the rom boot sequence, then immediately loops back to the UniBios screen where it then boots as normal.
This only is happening immediately after games are flashed, coming out of the menu and not in subsequent cold/soft boots of the cart when games are unchanged.

@noonan2678

Firmware - 0x0431
Firmware Build - 0x5bfb
Top file build - 0x35bb
Detected Hardware - MVS

@ekorz

Confirming the same info above.

So, we're down to the KOF rom as the next possible variable. Would you please send me a link to that specific one you're using (email fine as well)?

Thanks!

Good morning, yesterday I received the Darksoft’s MultiMVS from @saveyourgames.
This is my firmware:

Darksoft
0x03b2
0x3e7d
neocps1
April 1 2018
20:04:23
149 out of 240

Can I update directly to the last firmware?ThanksBest regards

Last edited:
Back