What's new
So make sure in the root of the SD card you have your games folder which you should already. Then have a folder called update. From there in the root of the update folder have the firmware in there the. Also make a folder called menu and drop the firmware for the menu in there. Then boot it up and wait around 20 to 30 secs and it’s done.

Experiencing problems similar to Galford's, I took the liberty to download and try the above fw.
I've done 10/15 tries updating 3 slot at the same time with random games... and everything looks fine!
Even MS3 and KoF '98 gave no trouble.

I'll do some more testing in the weekend with my other board too, but so far so good. :)

Feel free to ask if you need me to test something specifically.

Meanwhile, thank you for the support!

Experiencing problems similar to Galford's, I took the liberty to download and try the above fw.
I've done 10/15 tries updating 3 slot at the same time with random games... and everything looks fine!

I'll do some more testing in the weekend with my other board too, but so far so good. :)

Thanks a lot for feedback.

Thanks a lot for feedback.
is this free to anyone beta testing?

is this free to anyone beta testing?
Of course! and feedback is welcome. That's why I posted the FW publicly a couple of posts above.
If you have time, please let me know how it works for you. Thanks.

what menu to use with this firmware as has the red lock screen been fixed with this update
the latest menu on the 1st post of this thread. This should fix any issues writing several games at once. It doesnt fix the redscreen yet.

If you can confirm that it doesnt hang anymore during slot writing, that'd be great.

Last edited:
@Galford can you please try this firmware and the latest menu and let me know if now you can flash any games any time without any issues?

Thanks.
Hi,
Sorry for delay .

Little bit confused but globaly better :), why?

Menu and FW configuration after updating : drive.google.com/open?id=1oI_GwowY1KXBPqDVsQMjh6ptquNLw0do

1- Adding games to slots (A,2,3) without deleting existing games ( 3
tries with same games that faced the issue before)=> works fine with unibios : 4.0 and original bios. no
more crashs :). good point. i'll do more tests next days :)

2- Running games with start button => crashed 2 times in 7 tries. in the fact, it freez before rebooting => drive.google.com/open?id=1pDCb1f7JwOc4r23Fsjq1N5UIij9vHMzy.

3- (not a new issue but still present in this version) => sound issues with some games (sometimes freezing)=> i can record a video if needed.

i noted this new message at boot (any idea about the reason ?) : drive.google.com/open?id=11Xo8XK_ArvmLwuZ06J0VKoa8RVwzR-YO

I'm using this compilation games : Neo Geo Roll-Up Pack: All ROMs for the MVS & AES Multis.

Thanks

Last edited:
The error message you get may be due to the fact you didn’t delete the BUFF file (see cart manual for more detailed info about it) from SD after updating.
Which games gave you problem with sound/from start?
I can test those to cross-check.

2- Running games with start button => crashed 2 times in 7 tries. in the fact, it freez before rebooting => drive.google.com/open?id=1pDCb1f7JwOc4r23Fsjq1N5UIij9vHMzy.
Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

The error message you get may be due to the fact you didn’t delete the BUFF file (see cart manual for more detailed info about it) from SD after updating.
Which games gave you problem with sound/from start?
I can test those to cross-check.
Hi,
- sounds Issue (as i said, it was random) => I tried with MSLUG 3 (MVS) and Samurai Shadow V (MVS)
- Start sequence => same games, also with KOF 98, MSLUG5

note that i'm running most times with theses games :) (MSLUG and KOF compilation)

the error message was fixed after formatting memory card. so i think that match with your idea :)

Thanks

1st post has been updated with new Menu and FW, that eliminates among other things the problems with:
* Eliminated REDScreen in all consoles tested for games like Pulstar and KOF98.
* Removed double reset
* Fixed wrong region in some games
Since sometimes it works better with a method rather than the other, do you suggest to update FW + Menu together (last time this one worked and not the other) or update the FW, claring ram and then the MENU?

Hi, thank you for the new updates! In order to update both menu and firmware, i would follow these step:

#1 remove MVS card
#2 clear NVRAM
#3 copy the flash and top files simultaneously to "update" folder of the SD card
#4 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#5 removed MVS card
#6 cleared NVRAM
#7 copy the "menu" folder (with files inside) in to "update" folder of the SD card
#8 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#9 power cycling - done

Correct?

Back