What's new
Looking forward to testing this. To confirm, the link to the menu is an Oct date. Is that correct and should it report that way? If you'd confirm how the FW, Top and Menu should report, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

I'll update with an screenshot later.

It should show:
Firmware version: 0x44E
Firmware Build: 0xa160
Top File Build: 0x35bb
Menu version: Oct 18 2019.

REMEMBER! that menu and FW go together so if you roll back on a FW you also should go back to the corresponding menu.

Awesome, can't wait to try the new one out :)

Made some small instructions for my personal wiki, maybe you could verify and add them to the topicstart @Darksoft?

Updating

1. Copy the flash and top files into the “update” folder and copy the “menu” folder to the “update/menu” of the SD card
  2. Put the SD in the multi, power on and wait until it is updated and resets (about 30 seconds)
  3. Power cycle the MVS and you're done

Last edited:
You can simultaneously update the Firmware and the Menu. Put Firmware into update folder (2 files) and Menu into update/menu folder (5 files) Power on, should take about 30 secs to update

Check 'Version' should read

You can simultaneously update the Firmware and the Menu. Put Firmware into update folder (2 files) and Menu into update/menu folder (5 files) Power on, should take about 30 secs to update

ah really? Does it work fine if i update both simultaneously?

for MVS all issues including the REDSCREEN should be fixed now.
Everything is looking good for my previously-troublesome MV1C and Unibios 3.3. No red screen on KOF98, Pulstar, or MS3. (I'm also not getting that weird write-address error anymore on KOF98, though that really was probably a bad pin contact on my MVS).

The only 'quirks' still present are 1) upon first boot, the unibios logo does not render immediately, and 2) there are visible lines drawn on-screen with an mv1c when the games are written to memory. Neither are actual issues, but previously folks reported both.

ah really? Does it work fine if i update both simultaneously?
I've never had any problem updating the firmware and menu simultaneously. I've even tried to break the cart on purpose but it's always recoverable if you eventually get it right.

Cool, I've updated my post to reflect this :)

I don't understand, I've updated firmware and menu (20191108_r1102_MVS_Only and menu_20191018), but I still have a red screen on kof98.
The strange thing is menu version indicates Oct 8 and not Oct 18.

Menu version: Oct 8 2019

Which motherboard do you have? Is that not happening with the previos Menu+Firm available here?

I just updated as well and also have a menu date of October 8th instead of 18. Think it's a mistake. Just tested KOF98 and it works fine for me. Using a 1FZ and Unibios 4.0.

I just updated as well and also have a menu date of October 8th instead of 18. Think it's a mistake. Just tested KOF98 and it works fine for me. Using a 1FZ and Unibios 4.0.
That's right. It's 8th October.

Did you have any issues with writing games or REDscreen or anything?

Exactly same issue :(
Firmware version: 0x03f3
Firmware Build: 0xa324
Top File Build: 0x4796
Menu version: Mar 23 2019

I have just a red screen when booting kof98.
I think my battery is ok as the calendar was still correctly set.

Then I suspect it must be something else. Let's wait and see who else has any issues. Can you meanwhile tell exactly which motherboard version you have?

Back