What's new
I update both menu and firmware simultaneoulsey, everything is OK. I read:

Firmware version: 0x44E
Firmware Build: 0xa160
Top File Build: 0x35bb
Menu version: Oct 8 2019

Is it correct? Someone said the Menu version is Oct 18 2019... but in my console there is "8"

How many multi carts have been sold? 300-400? That's a crazy amount of gutted carts.
Yes and no ;)

Most carts were actually saved from being trashed as they have the extremely common game in Italy Super sidekicks. Instead of being trashed, a big package of them was bought and given a second life.

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES can elaborate more on it.

Most carts were actually saved from being trashed as they have the extremely common game in Italy Super sidekicks. Instead of being trashed, a big package of them was bought and given a second life.
Well, I don't know about giving them a second life. All of those Sidekicks could have been easily converted to other games, like Viewpoint (7 roms), which is a great game in short supply.

You can make cart cases in China ;)

I use the latest roll up pack: Neo Geo Roll-Up BETA 3.1 2019-03-04.
My board is a MV1A and not a MV1FZS.
I don't use unibios.
The roll out packs are not available anymore directly. Right?
I think there should be made a source for us to get everybody to the same roms because it looks like that’s making a difference too.
I had no red screen with kof98 but my usual sound issues. Been testing all weekend with several versions of the menu and firm.

I don't use unibios.
The roll out packs are not available anymore directly. Right?I think there should be made a source for us to get everybody to the same roms because it looks like that’s making a difference too.
I had no red screen with kof98 but my usual sound issues. Been testing all weekend with several versions of the menu and firm.
Hi,
find here the link (beta 3.1 + update 3.1) :)
https://mega.nz/#F!kaZ1TYrI!usHtoLzmoyII1LUUwtDrqA

@Darksoft, i confirm that with the last menu + firmware, no problem faced right now. Great job :) . but still have some sound issues with some games. ex : kof 99, KOF 98 .

(slot MV-1F with unibios 4.0)

I don't use unibios.
The roll out packs are not available anymore directly. Right?I think there should be made a source for us to get everybody to the same roms because it looks like that’s making a difference too.I had no red screen with kof98 but my usual sound issues. Been testing all weekend with several versions of the menu and firm.
Hi,find here the link (beta 3.1 + update 3.1) :)
https://mega.nz/#F!kaZ1TYrI!usHtoLzmoyII1LUUwtDrqA

@Darksoft, i confirm that with the last menu + firmware, no problem faced right now. Great job :) . but still have some sound issues with some games. ex : kof 99, KOF 98 .

(slot MV-1F with unibios 4.0)
thanks @Galford

I'm afraid I did something incredibly stupid and updated my MVS cart with the AES firmware and menu.

I went back and put the latest firmware and menu for MVS but now I have no sound. Tested with a real game and my MVS still has sound. Tested on an MV1A and MV1FS.

I hope I haven't damaged my cart :/

IMG_20191122_224746.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191122_224759.jpg
    IMG_20191122_224759.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 139
I'm afraid I did something incredibly stupid and updated my MVS cart with the AES firmware and menu.

I went back and put the latest firmware and menu for MVS but now I have no sound. Tested with a real game and my MVS still has sound. Tested on an MV1A and MV1FS.

I hope I haven't damaged my cart :/

IMG_20191122_224746.jpg
could be a clpd file Problem.
try to use a older Version of that file or perhaps darksoft can give you one.

Anyone have the latest MVS CPLD? I can't see it in the firmwares available on the first page.

updated menu and firmware, the definitive version of my cartdrige. ALL PERFECT AAA+

Sorry for the late feedback. Confirming as well that my red screen issues are completely fixed with this revision. All builds reporting correctly and no functional issues after a couple of decent play sessions.

I am getting a brief file system error upon bootup. There's an error that I can't make out, then a reset to defaults msg, then the file system error. It then boots fine and games work, but it resets all settings. Any ideas with this?

everything works fine so far for me, @noonan2678 I had the same problem as yours a strange garbled "fmks error" it's gone after deleting all the files in the root of the sd card + scandisk

@Darksoft the language settings are not recognized on the first initialization / flashing / launch of a game, it needs a reboot after launching the game to load let's say a japanese setting, is it something that could be improved ?

The multi just acts as I want it with the game list after reboot, it's fantastic; very fast.

Last edited:
Back