What's new
Hello,
I am new in the forum, just bought a DarkSoft MVS Multi Cartridge to replace a NEOSD that is giving me a lot of crashes with bigger games on my MV-1FZ MVS console (i tried on 2 consolizations).
The cart will arrive tomorrow but i wished to ask DarkSoft if he is planning to support Neo Geo CD images for his card, cause of the good audio of CD and if his card emulates a memory card or if i need to add NeoBiosMasta VMC.
Thanks for the answers, in each case i really hope i can solve my crashes with the new card and i can finally play my games.

Hello,
I am new in the forum, just bought a DarkSoft MVS Multi Cartridge to replace a NEOSD that is giving me a lot of crashes with bigger games on my MV-1FZ MVS console (i tried on 2 consolizations).
The cart will arrive tomorrow but i wished to ask DarkSoft if he is planning to support Neo Geo CD images for his card, cause of the good audio of CD and if his card emulates a memory card or if i need to add NeoBiosMasta VMC.
Thanks for the answers, in each case i really hope i can solve my crashes with the new card and i can finally play my games.
Welcome :)

and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.

When I put File on update ( menu and firmware)
At the and of update I have nothing file on “ update “
File buff is outside.
The is ( Game, menu, update, buff, region...)

Hello,
MVS hardware doesn't support CD quality audio.
The multi however could support CD games converted to ROMs.

@INGUES what does your section ABOUT in the menu shows? As @SVM stated, please let us know if it works after deleting the BUFF file.
Occasionally, when I start a game without loading the menu first, only the top graphics layer is visible (usually the score, lives etc) I just go back to the menu, and load the slots again and it works

Hello,
Welcome :)
and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
Yes, i ordered a 12V 8A power supply from Salcar.
I have 2 MVS, both same card, 1 is 12v and one 5v mod (completely 5v also for audio).
I think i will use DarkSoft on the 12v model with the power supply indicated above.
Or if you have a model to suggest that is sure will work please indicate.

For the 5v model i have a 5v 8a but i don't know if these cards will work on a 5v mod MVS.

Hello,
MVS hardware doesn't support CD quality audio.The multi however could support CD games converted to ROMs.
Are there CD games converted to ROMS? I could find only CD images.
If the card could read CD images in the future it would be for sure more comfortable.
It is not a must of course, only a plus that i think could be appreciated by users :)

As for memory card, do you know if DarkSoft card can emulate it?

Hello,
Welcome :) and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
Yes, i ordered a 12V 8A power supply from Salcar.I have 2 MVS, both same card, 1 is 12v and one 5v mod (completely 5v also for audio).
I think i will use DarkSoft on the 12v model with the power supply indicated above.
Or if you have a model to suggest that is sure will work please indicate.

For the 5v model i have a 5v 8a but i don't know if these cards will work on a 5v mod MVS.
Those sound like they should be fine, I don’t know exactly how much amps a consolized unit will draw, but it will be slightly more with the multi compared to a OEM cart.
i think most people that has issues where using <5A supplies anyway

This is for MVS. Here's what the About menu shows:

Firmware revision: 0x044e
Firmware build: 0xa160
Top file build: 0x35bb
Menu build date: Nov 22 2019
Menu build time: 22 : 10 : 59
Supported games: 238 out of 239
Detected Hardware: MVS

I went ahead and deleted the BUFF file and then re-assigned the games to different slots and rebooted. The issue appears to have gone away by doing that and I can see normal graphics in MS3 and Blazing Star. The About menu has the same values as before I deleted the BUFF file.

I think it's resolved but let me know if there's anything else that I need to do or if something looks off in the About details.

Reactions: SVM
Card is working amazing.
Every game i played was ok with my 12v MVS consolization.
I won't try on my 5v, that is working ok but i am going to sell as i can't stay with two MVS.

Hi,

can't update,the cart remain stuck at the grid .. the menu folder remain in update folder.
SD formatted, nvram clear.

restored the old firmware

FE7237CD-69EC-404D-BC0F-B3F0A58CD12D.jpeg

Last edited:
How long are you waiting? Can you try with a Samsung/Sandisk microSD?

it should take max. 30-40 seconds to update. Where are you placing the menu files?

Back