What's new
@jassin000 I tried to roll back to R1102, and I got it to boot games but no sound for some reason. I tried again to install the new firmware but still ended up with the Crosshatch screen whenever I try to load a game.

I'm using a MV-1FZ with unibios3.3 and NeobiosmastaVMC.

@mathewbeall, did you load the firmware files in three steps? I installed flash.img ---> erase memory --> install top --> erase memory --> install cpld.

I did them all at the same time - I thought we didn't have to do them seperately anymore.

Matt

Have you tried clearing the NVRAM? Also does a fresh format of the card work?

Ok, thanks. I tried flashing all at once, but still end up at cross-hatch screen. I've cleared NVRAM a bunch. Maybe I'll try to reformat the sd card.

Edit: Tried reformatting, still no dice.

Edit 2: back to working again after rolling back to Nov 2019 firmware with cpld file.

Last edited:
Let me remove the new firmware for now. Roll back to the previous one working well for you.

I'm the basically the same as @jepjepjep
  • 1FZ mobo
  • UniBIOS4.0
Flashing new firmware sticks me on perma crosshatch
Flashing older 1040 firmware works/loads ROMs again, but no sound/z80 errors.
Roll back to the previous one working well for you
Cart isn't usable after update, roll back isn't fixing audio.
I noticed the new firmware also included a new CPLD file, but older firmwares don't have this.

Do I need the old CPLD to overwrite this new one still causing me problems?
Doh, just checked my PM box... Yup will try CPLD now. :)

Ok so I put this together using the April Menu, Firmware 1040 and CPLD...
@jepjepjep it will fix your cart it just did mine!
@Darksoft let me know if I should remove this package (rules or whatever).

Last edited by a moderator:
Same issue here, after update lost sound. Reverted back to previous firmware and again there is no sound. MVH-MV1 board.

Have you tried with any of the other firmwares in the first post to see if they restore audio?

Edit: looks like @jassin000 has frankensteined a fix for y’all.

Sorry if this is a simple step but I have not had to revert CPLD before. What is the process? Where do I get the file. First time In a very long time I have had any issues updating the firmware. Thank you,

I have sound again. Very strange. Now I'll try to update the firmware and get back to r1102. Thanks Jassin000 and Darksoft.

hi,
it works great with unibios 4.0 :) . no problem faced till now
Capture.PNG

Back