What's new
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the reason to support Neo Geo CD games? I get that there were a few games not released on other platforms but are there other benefits that people are looking for? Always cool to have more features but I'm just curious.

List of Neo Geo CD Exclusives:
Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidō Retsuden
The King of Fighters '96 Collection
ZinTrick
Ironclad
Neo Geo CD Special
ADK World
Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2
Crossed Swords II

Released on MVS + CD but not AES:
Neo Drift Out: New Technology
Pleasure Goal: 5 on 5 Mini Soccer
Puzzle Bobble
Janshin Densetsu: Quest of Jongmaster
Power Spikes II

More news coming being announced to you soon.
ZinTrick
Ironclad
Neo Geo CD Special
ADK World
Crossed Swords II
Actually with the whole library available for NeoGeo, there is little justification to add support for just those games that you mention.

Btw, we are receiving soon a new batch of MVS and we will continue releasing them as long as there is demand. We will also give support as long as people are buying them. We are not doing a business hit and run. 3 Slots of PURE RAM make your gaming experience fantastic with super low loading times.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the reason to support Neo Geo CD games? I get that there were a few games not released on other platforms but are there other benefits that people are looking for? Always cool to have more features but I'm just curious.

ZinTrick
Ironclad
Neo Geo CD Special
ADK World
Crossed Swords II

Released on MVS + CD but not AES:
Neo Drift Out: New Technology
Pleasure Goal: 5 on 5 Mini Soccer
Puzzle Bobble
Janshin Densetsu: Quest of Jongmaster
Power Spikes II
many people really like the arranged soundtracks for various titles

The best two games exclusive to the Neo Geo CD are Iron Clad and Crossed Swords 2, both are converted to work already on the Darksoft cart.

There’s other reasons for owning a Neo Geo CD, but none as important as those two games exclusively. Even though the CD music on certain games is quite nice, it’s never as “good” as the arcade.

The best two games exclusive to the Neo Geo CD are Iron Clad and Crossed Swords 2, both are converted to work already on the Darksoft cart.
^THAT^

There’s other reasons for owning a Neo Geo CD, but none as important as those two games exclusively. Even though the CD music on certain games is quite nice, it’s never as “good” as the arcade.
AND ^THAT^

Also It costs 150 USD less.

Additionally it's not being sold from outside EU, which means another 21% VAT for European users. It's very smart business to move to Andorra so you save on taxes, but they are trasnsfered to end users :thumbsup:

I know NeoCD has its fans and everything, I just never saw it as anything but a media cost reduction machine.
Every NG fan knows (and knew at the time) the real experience was the arcade MVS, the uncompromised home experience was AES and the affordable home option was NeoCD.
the best two games exclusive to the Neo Geo CD are Iron Clad and Crossed Swords 2
I thought that Samuri Shodown RPG was another reason, but I'm not sure where the translation patch/project ended so I don't think its complete/playable.
Even though the CD music on certain games is quite nice, it’s never as “good” as the arcade.
Agreed, it was a nice "bonus" they tossed in... Like with Final Fight CD on Mega/Sega CD.
However, the original PCM music is how I remember the game and honestly what I expected/ALL wanted in my home conversion.

Getting off topic with this statement, but can a port ever be considered better than the source material?
In very pure basic black & white logic "NO" a port can only be accurate to the source material, never exceed it.
In practice a few titles have broken thru this barrier (most notably Contra NES and Soul Calibur DC) this is an exception and not the rule.

ie CD music, if the arcade didn't sound like that ITS WRONG (just that simple, and I will never entertain arguments of "better" or "worse" because all that matters is accuracy, you have it or you don't).

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, do you plan to release a new firmware in order to add Samurai Shodown 5 Perfect in the full romset?
thanks

Could these be added to the multicart?
Do they work as they are? or do they need some security chips?
I think none of them require security chips, but the ROMs themselves seem to be complementary packages against the default parent ROMs. I included the configuration file which instructs the emulator (winkawaks) how the ROMs work, but I haven't dug any deeper into it.

hi, do you plan to release a new firmware in order to add Samurai Shodown 5 Perfect in the full romset?
thanks
Does anyone has some news about that? Do you think that it will be released a new fw/menu and a new roms pack with Samurai Shodown 5 Perfect included and supported?

many thanks

I can't wait to be restocked on SYG ! Maybe this will be our present for Christmas days ^^

is the multi mvs compatible with mv2f slots? compatibility issues with unibios 3.2 please ?
thx

i have full of graphics glitches and sometimes the game start with sound (i can add coins) but no image or missing character and the decor.

@marcos can you provide more info. Which mobo do you have? Which BIOS? which version of FW and menu (Section About in the menu), if your console has visible repairs or mods, etc. Pictures would also help.

Thanks.

Back