What's new
Just did the update...I seem to have some graphical distortion. Also, Ironclad isn't allowed anymore?

what did you exactly update? Did you follow all the steps? Deleted the buff file? plmk.

Just did the update...I seem to have some graphical distortion. Also, Ironclad isn't allowed anymore?
what did you exactly update? Did you follow all the steps? Deleted the buff file? plmk.
Yes. Deleted the buff file. Looks like ironclad vanished. Followed directions exactly.

The number of games has been limited FOR NOW to originals only. That might be the reason. About graphical distortion. Did they show before? Can you show a screenshot? One possible solution if it didnt happen before is reformatting the microSD.

The number of games has been limited FOR NOW to originals only. That might be the reason. About graphical distortion. Did they show before? Can you show a screenshot? One possible solution if it didnt happen before is reformatting the microSD.
Formatted and redid everything. Looks like the corruption went away. What about putting the other ones back on? Will that happen soon?

Hello everyone!

A new version of the FPGA firmware that elminates the GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slots has been released. It shouldn't have any othe effects as our tests show and it's that way in all the mobos that I tried.

The 4- and 6-slot have another buffers, among others PCLK1 clock which is used for CROMs which causes that the pull-down on our board limits the voltage on this signal to 2.8V.

At some points, the FPGA "reads" the wrong clock cycles on this clock - the patch digitally filters this behavior.

To make a long story short, this fix should:
A) remove GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slot
B) Have no other effect on the rest of motherboards.

Just unpack into \update folder and power on. If the update was succesful the file will be deleted.

All Issues related to Firmware should be fixed. Now we are just adding features...

Check here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Thanks!!

P.S. We've got the KOF98 issue which may be Firmware or Menu related.

Does this put back in the other games?
No. This is just a FW update for GFX issues for 4 and 6 slot pcbs.

Adding remaining games will come via menu update.

Congrat's on another great firmware update!

Re:- 25-06-18 firmware update.

1.Is Ironclad/boots back in game list?
2. Any way we can transfer buff settings yet( scores )

I know i should update but still holding off. ( still on first update, with all games and no big probs ;)

Keep up the great work!!!

1. We'll see, right now fact that game is there or not, only depends on the Menu.

Buff can be transfered anytime already. We'll shoot a video about it explaining how to extract files from BUFF.

1. We'll see, right now fact that game is there or not, only depends on the Menu.

Buff can be transfered anytime already. We'll shoot a video about it explaining how to extract files from BUFF.
Cheers for your hard work and time.

I'm only sticking with an early firmware for the save scores.

I did the update, but i still dont see the Hiscores in any game, only emptiness in that part. Rest is fine. Is it normal?

Hiscore is handled by the menu so yes, it's normal until a new version of the menu is released.

Edit: Discard. Answered in another thread. Lets wait and see :|

Last edited:
hi, this is my current configuration of firmware/menu: https://postimg.cc/image/pep335l8r/

I think that i updated the menuy until the latest release (2nd April) but i still have to update the firmare to the new june version. So, isit only necessary to put the 2 files (included in the .zip package) in the update folder (in the root of the microSD)? Is it better to dleted the BUFF file and the SLOT1, SLOT2, SLOT3 files before the firmware update?

thanks!

buff file must be deleted only when a new version of the menu is updated.

thansk, updated, eveything is ok.

Just a question: i see in the log that one of the new features is:
* Properly change Region and Mode (MVS/AES)

But i i try to change the Mode, it is not possible: i can only use MVS. Is it normal?

Back