What's new
btw the magician Lord problem disappears if I change slot and then go back to the game. It must be related to the menu not initializing properly the sound cpu. Can you try It? @ekorz @sk8er000 @Tgames

btw the magician Lord problem disappears if I change slot and then go back to the game. It must be related to the menu not initializing properly the sound cpu. Can you try It? @ekorz @sk8er000
I have no issues with sound in magician lord (MV-1C and Unibios 4.0)
Sound works in every slot (flashing only macigian lord and leaving empty the other slots and flashing a game in every slot).

Tested booting the game:
  • Directly after the flash
  • Power cycling and booting directly
  • Booting a different game and then changing slot with the shortcut
Every time I hear:
  • regular sound on the neo Geo boot screen
  • SFX only when in attract/demo mode
  • SFX and BGM when playing
Settings:
  • Unibios: Europe/Arcade Multi: MVS/USA
  • Unibios: Europe/Arcade Multi: MVS/Europe
  • Unibios: Europe/Arcade Multi: MVS/Japan
  • Unibios: Japan/Arcade Multi: MVS/USA
  • Unibios: Japan/Arcade Multi: MVS/Europe
  • Unibios: Japan/Arcade Multi: MVS/Japan
  • Unibios: Usa/Arcade Multi: MVS/USA
  • Unibios: Usa/Arcade Multi: MVS/Europe
  • Unibios: Usa/Arcade Multi: MVS/Japan
  • Unibios: Europe/Console Multi: MVS/USA
  • Unibios: Europe/Console Multi: MVS/Europe
  • Unibios: Europe/Console Multi: MVS/Japan
  • Unibios: Japan/Console Multi: MVS/USA
  • Unibios: Japan/Console Multi: MVS/Europe
  • Unibios: Japan/Console Multi: MVS/Japan
  • Unibios: Usa/Console Multi: MVS/USA
  • Unibios: Usa/Console Multi: MVS/Europe
  • Unibios: Usa/Console Multi: MVS/Japan
Link to a brief video:
MV-1C + Unibios 4.0 + Magician lord (multi)

Hope it helps :)

P.S
I use the neo bios masta to run Unibios. If needed I can revert to the original one desoldering some wires. I'll need some days to find enough time though.

Last edited:
For Magician lord i only get the sounds and background musics on slots 2 and 3 (never on slot 1).
Did you try putting it on slot 1 and then changing slot back and forth? Does it fix the audio problem when you come back to slot 1? This seems to be a problem of the menu / cart not initializing the z80 properly.

I use the neo bios masta to run Unibios. If needed I can revert to the original one desoldering some wires. I'll need some days to find enough time though.
Yes please. That'd be a very helpful test. Thanks.

Yes please. That'd be a very helpful test. Thanks.
I decided to make a quick and ugly fix to run the original bios without let you wait :D
Magician Lord has working sound with original bios no matter wich slot.
here's a video of magician lord running in slot 3:

MV-1C + Unibios 4.0 + Multi with Magician Lord
MV-1C + Original BIOS + Multi with Magician Lord

Last edited:
I misread the problematic slot is the 1 and not 2 and 3 I'll do the video again sorry

I decided to make a quick and ugly fix to run the original bios without let you wait
Magician Lord has working sound with original bios no matter wich slot.
here's a video of magician lord running in slot 3:
Thanks for feedback. I had the exact same problem in a MV1FZS but was working well on a MV-1A and 2Slot. Then I started to remove possible sources of problem. I used the same microSD on all, same PSU, same Multicart, etc. At the end the problem seemed to be from the mobo...until I deleted the BUFF file from the microSD and it works perfect, so it's a menu problem.
Can you please try deleting the BUFF file and see if Super Dodge works well and Magician Lord has proper sound?

Thanks!

Buff deleted:
  • Magicial lord still working audio
  • Super dodgeball still black screen
Super dodgeball works on my MV-1AC with original bios and Unibios 4.0

Buff deleted:
Try in this order please. Remove the microsd, then delete NVRAM from Service menu and then delete buff file in a computer and put back in multi.

Buff deleted:
Try in this order please. Remove the microsd, then delete NVRAM from Service menu and then delete buff file in a computer and put back in multi.
Tried in that way and both are working

Attachments

• IMG_20181013_152636_721.jpg
    IMG_20181013_152636_721.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 206
For Magician lord i only get the sounds and background musics on slots 2 and 3 (never on slot 1).
Did you try putting it on slot 1 and then changing slot back and forth? Does it fix the audio problem when you come back to slot 1? This seems to be a problem of the menu / cart not initializing the z80 properly.
You have right Darksoft !!

If i set the games like this :

SLOT 1 => MAGICIEN LORD
SLOT 2 => METAL SLUG 3
SLOT 3 => METAL SLUG 4

First boot on slot 1 => no sound and background music
But if i change the slot and return to slot 1 => i have musics and sounds !!

BUT ! If i only flash Magicien Lord in Slot 1 (and nothing on Slot 2 & Slot 3) i never have the sound and musics !
Buff deleted:
Same here you have also right by doing this, i have Super Dodgeball working too ! :D

First time for me that Super Dodge Ball works ! I will play it a bit so haha :)

Like sk8er000 everything works by doing like this.

EDIT: BUT ! If i swap slot when i return to slot 1 (Super Dodge Ball) i get a Exception Error Handling.

20181013-161019.jpg

Last edited:
@t-m I'm not sure if you tried this on your 4 slot IN THIS SPECIFIC ORDER.

I didn't made a video for each combo but if you read my previous post (323) there is a list for all the combination I've tried (it took me quite a long time )
It's working now which is the important thing.
Of course that's just to say that before and after I got the same behaviour no matter if there's only a game flashed or three :)

Back