What's new
Feedback from me:

Great job! Being able to clear NVRAM backup from the menu is great - and messing around with this, loading/unloading, etc. seems to be much more stable than the previous menu!

Thanks for the hard work!

Matt

great, I gave this a try right now here are my impressions :

- menu guy should appear in the about section
- I love the way faster navigation, more straight forward. That's my way. I personally set all animations/music off everytime, and I boot directly to games. I still would like to have the option to skip the slot selection and boot directly to options without having to have start pressed continuously. If I forget that I have to wait for the guy to go out of of the screen to access options (just 2-3 seconds though)
- I like clearer games list with full names, but less games in the list which confused me at the beginning, but in the end I understood it's better for seeing all the name/bigger logos for lazy eyes, and data. Good compromise overall.
- the monkey animation is very funny, made me smile a lot, but personally I'd go to a dim screen if I had to choose, seems more efficient to me, I'd go black screen but can be confusing could look like a freeze.
- I like the supported games counter, would be nice to have a non supported flag on the games that aren't to avoid asking for them to be fixed from many people in the forum if they are not yet supported. I think KOF98 is one of them, I tried it first it froze in 1 minute, so I guess it's still in the menu to do list and no need to ask for it again.
- clear backup ram thanks for that, should it be a problem to make the multi do it every reboot and not manually ?

thanks a lot guys good job !

Last edited:
* In the game list, allow to jump from game #0 up to last game + vice versa using left right.
This is a new cool feature, too. :thumbup:

But when I use it (in "Thumbnail View") the game list starts scrolling fast as hell in both directions (#0 to last and vice versa). :)

Hi,

Sorry for my question, but what's the procedure for updating the TOP Files ?
Do i need to put the files inside /update or /update/top ?
There is any information about that in the PDF documentation on the first page.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just place the top file in the update folder by itself.

Silly question, but are there older versions of the FW and menu available? I wanted to downgrade to the initial release.

I wanted to downgrade to the initial release.
Initial release?

Why stop the downgrade train with that, you know the beta cart had two firmware revisions before the first "initial" release far as I'm aware. ;)

I'm pretty happy with the update so far. The menu is also snappy and easier to navigate. I do agree with @archimage's feedback on some elements in the menu. If music could be turned off by default, I'd like that as well as I also turn it off every time.

Are slots actually selectable during the initial game screen? I didn't get the impression that they did, and thought it just displayed the available games for a few seconds with an option to press start.

If music could be turned off by default, I'd like that as well as I also turn it off every time.
By now every time that my girlfriend hears that music says "are you playing with that cart again?" :whistling:
change the music :)
We plan to allow for people to customize the music that they can play.

Are slots actually selectable during the initial game screen?
Yes, it's explained in the HELP section of the menu (I know, we are preparing a menu PDF with explanations).
So basically yes, press A to boot slot 1, B for slot 2 and C for slot 3.

Back