What's new
Did you try to update both? If the flash.img was deleted, then what happens if you try only the top.img after a successful flash.img update? Still cross-hatch?
After a flash.img, the console should reset. Is that what happens?

Did you try to update both? If the flash.img was deleted, then what happens if you try only the top.img after a successful flash.img update? Still cross-hatch?
After a flash.img, the console should reset. Is that what happens?
Thanks for the reply, DS. I did try updating both at the same time (put both files inside the \update directory) and it went as follows: after powering the MVS board on, the monitor displayed a light blue screen for some seconds, then crosshatch. Not sure if the console resets or not between the blue screen and the crosshatch though, but I think it did. After that, powering off and on the console only shows crosshatch all the time. Then I checked the microsd with the laptop, but only flash.img got deleted.

Last edited:
Just curious does the everdrive allow for savestates or even the potential for them in a future FW update?

• It's not a "everdrive" (that is a Krikzz product, around here we call them multis)
  • No save state support exists
  • No save state support is planned to be added (the cart alone likely cannot inject/restore a previous CPU state/condition without additional hardware modifications, but let see if @Darksoft offers a better/more complete technical explanation)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very weird. The part of the code updating the top file is in the flash.img, so it's nothing to do with the bootloader.

I can only think of a bad top file that the flash.img doesnt allow to update. Either that or there is a problem with your cartridge that doesnt allow the update to be made. Can you roll back a couple of firmwares before.

Use this one for example:
mediafire.com/file/br5i2zdv5fqfzii/Firmware_20181203.7z/file

That's very weird. The part of the code updating the top file is in the flash.img, so it's nothing to do with the bootloader.

I can only think of a bad top file that the flash.img doesnt allow to update. Either that or there is a problem with your cartridge that doesnt allow the update to be made. Can you roll back a couple of firmwares before.

Use this one for example:
mediafire.com/file/br5i2zdv5fqfzii/Firmware_20181203.7z/file
Thanks DS, just tried with the firmware in this file: exact same behavior as with the previous version. The flash.img gets deleted, the top file is there. Cart only produces cross hatch, it does not work. One question though: my MVS board dos not have a working battery for backup RAM: could that be the problem?

I don't think that battery is the problem. Your cart seems to be defective then.

I don't think that battery is the problem. Your cart seems to be defective then.
;( Just what I was afraid. Well, if there's nothing left to test, then I guess I'll be sending the cart to Mitsu.

@Mitsurugi-w: Please let me know what should I do now.

Thanks!

@aha2940 what OS are you using on your computer ? how do you format the sd card ? how is your folders structure ? have you considered to redownload the top file again to your computer before copying it to the sd ?

@aha2940 what OS are you using on your computer ? how do you format the sd card ? how is your folders structure ? have you considered to redownload the top file again to your computer before copying it to the sd ?
I'm running Windows 7 SP1, I format it with the standard "format" option on Windows, FAT32 filesystem. The folder structure is just two directories on the microSD: "games" and "update". Inside "games", there are many directories, one per game (including the menu directory) and inside "update" I just copy both firmware files. I have downloaded the firmware files several times, couple different versions, the ZIP files test OK and uncompress OK, so that's no the issue.
Send me a PM
PM Sent.

Tried the new menu, it solves the language switching problem and the firmware solved the only bug I have found so far while switching between games.

Very good update !

Possibility to disable hot keys completely. Besides being good for Arcades where operator doesnt want intervention, another advantage of this is that this cart is the only one providing 100% original code if you use a OG bios. This can be used in competitions as now code is run 100% as original. Unibios and NeoSD introduce some additional code that may alter the original / intended running of the game.
Thank you for this!

can't wait to try out the new menu :)

I did some quick testing and found no major issues. :thumbup:

But at the Unibios splash screen the white/greyish vertical stripes are back (my MVS is a MV-1FZS). :)

Back