What's new
The protection for KOF98, SSK and FF2 are, already known. It has to be implemented in the FPGA. Darksoft will get it done eventually but the patched sets are included so as to not hinder the process any longer. We are well aware that people will not be happy with patched roms it's better to have the games working now than continue to delay it.

Installed the latest Firmware, Menu and ROM Pack. It runs really stable now from my limited testing! Thank you Mr. @Darksoft...

Also a heads up for anyone who loads Iron Clad and notices that the contrast is really low, make sure you change your region to Japan. That will fix it up. Was driving me up the wall for a while.

I updated but the hot keys are not working for me during game. Try to change games or back to menu and nothing. The hot keys are enabled in menu.

Hi guys!

Maybe I missed some important post, but, I'm running the original firmware and menu released approximately a year ago. I would like to upgrade to the new firmware and menu and if it's a good thing I would like to upgrade the ROMs as well.

My SD-Card root looks like this today:
Folder - Games (8,48GB in 1524 files / 250 folders)
Folder - Update (Empty)
File - BUFF
File - SLOT0
File - SLOT1
File - SLOT2
File - SLOT3

Do I have to do this in steps or do I just throw in everything into the Update folder (delete the "BUFF" file) and do I couple of updates/reboots and it's done?

Do I put "flash.img" and "top" into the root of the "Update" folder and put "crom0", "m1rom", "prom", "srom" & "vroma0" into "Update/Menu" folder and power on the system? Or is it a multiple steps process and if not done right could possibly brick the DS MVS cartridge?

Anybody who has a link to the latest ROM files BTW?

Sorry if this is a repeat question or if I missed some clear and precise information regarding this.

Do I put "flash.img" and "top" into the root of the "Update" folder and put "crom0", "m1rom", "prom", "srom" & "vroma0" into "Update/Menu" folder and power on the system? Or is it a multiple steps process and if not done right could possibly brick the DS MVS cartridge?
Yes.

Do I have to do this in steps or do I just throw in everything into the Update folder (delete the "BUFF" file) and do I couple of updates/reboots and it's done?
Best would be if you update the flash.img and top files first and then the menu. delete BUFF file and clear backup ram to make sure you've got a clean setup.

Yes.
Best would be if you update the flash.img and top files first and then the menu. delete BUFF file and clear backup ram to make sure you've got a clean setup.
Thanks P! Worked out nicely. Now I'm able to save highscores again and the highscores looks normal so happy daysl! :)

Is it possible to implement own music files with the menu? If so, what format(s) are supported (NoiseTracker for example) and how do you do it?

we will have a look at it in the future. For now you cant change them.

Cool! I think at least for me it would add another dimension to the cart, playing some nice old Amiga tunes.

@Darksoft, maybe an idea to update the PDF as well ?

Looks like it has not been updated since 2018-02-25 ?

No. Thst will need a FW fix. The same protection is on those as Fatal Fury 2. Most likely we will add patched versions of those games until we get to fixing it in FW.

Back