What's new
Just updated fw and menu and I still need to test the games.
The menu build date is one day earlier than the one showed by @Darksoft on the 1st post. Is that normal or is there a wrong version on the download link?

Thank you for the update!

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_142025_714.jpg
    IMG_20190325_142025_714.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 170
No. Thst will need a FW fix. The same protection is on those as Fatal Fury 2. Most likely we will add patched versions of those games until we get to fixing it in FW.
Always good to see updates!
But is there a changelog or something? What exactly has changed?

I noticed there's the option to boot into menu in addition to games list and games.

Yep. You can skip the intro and game select and boot directly into slot 1 after the slots load on boot. If you only load a game in slot 1 then booting is just a few seconds.

Just updated fw and menu and I still need to test the games.
The menu build date is one day earlier than the one showed by @Darksoft on the 1st post. Is that normal or is there a wrong version on the download link?

Thank you for the update!
You're right. Link updated.

As already mentioned after the last firmware update: I get these vertical lines after power cycling when the Unibios splash screen is enabled ...

splash.png

Has anybody else this minor issue? :)

We know about it and how to fix it. It should only happen the first time that you power on, later on, when you switch slots or call the menu, Logo should show up properly.

Ok, I'm glad you know about it.

Yes indeed it only happens after power cycling. :)

Yep. You can skip the intro and game select and boot directly into slot 1 after the slots load on boot. If you only load a game in slot 1 then booting is just a few seconds.
Directly booting slot 1 is nothing new. That option was added like months ago, right?

I didnt say it was new. ;)

The update was mainly bug fixes for MVS. It was, however, a huge update for AES bringing it to "ready for launch" level.

Both versions use the same menu. It auto-detects which system it is on (AES or MVS) and makes available the options that system uses.

Directly booting slot 1 is nothing new. That option was added like months ago, right?
if you check the update list, you'll see that the option that is new is booting directly to "GAME LIST"

thanks a lot for this feature, it's exactly what I wanted !

going from game to games list then start button to directly flash the game bypassing the slots !

:thumbsup:

First post updated with latest instructions for the multi.
I checked the changelog and it looks interesting, however: why only AES users can save settings to the microSD? it would be a great feature on the MVS cart too.

Settings are also save in MVS, but in the backup RAM.
I know that, however not all of us have working batteries on our MVS boards because the UniBIOS saves the scores to the memory card, therefore having the MVS cart saving its settings (and potentially more) to the microsd would be useful for us too.

I know that, however not all of us have working batteries on our MVS boards because the UniBIOS saves the scores to the memory card, therefore having the MVS cart saving its settings (and potentially more) to the microsd would be useful for us too.
but this can be fixed with a simple battery mod I do them all the time

but this can be fixed with a simple battery mod I do them all the time
Yes, but you are missing the point. My point is: why do we have to start changing batteries every few months on (possibly) several boards if a way to not worry about it can be implemented (and already is for AES)?

I think that is just the way MVS hardware behaves compared to AES hardware

I do think @aha2940 has a valid point.

If it could behave on the MVS like on the AES by
1-copying the settings to the SD on change and subsequently saving them to the Backup RAM for usage
2-and copying the settings to the Backup RAM on boot for usage

It will have 2 nice advantages:
1-One would immediately be alarmed in having to change the battery when the settings do not match what is saved on the SD (The Multi cart could even put a message onscreen stating this)
2-In case of the above the settings are still maintained and after swapping in a new battery you don't have to redo your preferred settings.

Back