What's new
I do think @aha2940 has a valid point.

If it could behave on the MVS like on the AES by
1-copying the settings to the SD on change and subsequently saving them to the Backup RAM for usage
2-and copying the settings to the Backup RAM on boot for usage

It will have 2 nice advantages:
1-One would immediately be alarmed in having to change the battery when the settings do not match what is saved on the SD (The Multi cart could even put a message onscreen stating this)
2-In case of the above the settings are still maintained and after swapping in a new battery you don't have to redo your preferred settings.
I'm in agreement here. Since the AES saves to SD, I don't see why saving to SD for MVS isn't possible, or beneficial. In my case, since getting this cart, my 4 slot only has the single cart in it, and my battery port was damaged. I have to watch it go to the default settings each time. With saving to the SD card, I would avoid this, and like Michaelm said, you can then save to backup RAM as a redundancy for those who have a working battery.

I think that is just the way MVS hardware behaves compared to AES hardware
Sorry Pascal, but I disagree. If we are talking about how the MVS hardware behaves compared to the AES, then the AES should not even save, as it does not have hardware for that (other than the memory card, but the cart seems not to use that). So I still think the MVS cart should save the same as the AES one: on the microsd. Forget about the backup RAM, nobody has cared about that in like ever, why start now?

These types of discussions are what make this place so cool.

Let's find a better way if it's possible...

Onward and Upward!

"Totally Awesome Video Games!"

:D

Upgraded mine last night. Pretty happy with it now, big thanks to "new menu guy"!

finally got around to updating mine, update process was easy peasy and worked on the first try.

Side note, while in Japan, I rode the sky wheel in Akibara and saw this:

Attachments

• 20190321_113827.jpg
    20190321_113827.jpg
    903.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 20190321_114641.jpg
    20190321_114641.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 203
This is going offtopic. Please open a new thread if you want to discuss those topics.

I do not see signatures on my mobile (which is the device I use 99% to browse the forum), so I have no idea who you are talking about :(

Haha, I just noticed it now.

The forum style really doesn't work in its favor though. I wonder how long it would have gone unnoticed if every post had a white background.

dammit, i know i stumbled over it then and didn't give it much thought and now i don't find it :|

Back