What's new
While we finish the sound problem on NEO-AES, I've updated the 1st post of this thread with the latest firmware and top file.

The changes are:
* Fixed Red Deadlock Screen when running games like
* Fixed ANOTHER bug when updating several slots concurrently.
Thanks! Is this procedure still valid?

#1 removed SD card
#2 cleared NVRAM
#3 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#4 copied flash.img file to update folder of the SD card
#5 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#6 removed SD card
#7 cleared NVRAM
#8 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#9 copied top file to update folder of the SD card
#10 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#11 removed SD card
#12 cleared NVRAM
#13 deleted BUFF file on the SD card
#14 copied menu folder with files to update folder of the SD card
#15 put SD card back into the MVS, powered MVS on and waited until the update was finished
#16 power cycling - done

You only need to clear backupRam and BUFF file once at the end of the process. Also all files should update well at once, but if you want to be safe, just do it one by one and check if it's gone from the microSD.

ok i will try with all the file simultaneously. I will delete nvram and BUFF file befor and after the update and i will check if everything is ok

i tried all files simultaneously.
The firmware update is OK, i have:
firmware revision, firmware build and top file build like in the screenshot in the #1 post.

The menu folder is disappeared too, but the Menu build Date is Mar 24 2019 and Menu build time: 11:24: 13
I tried to update again the menu folder after deleting BUFF file and clean te nvram, but nothing changed... I don't have the same date time as in the 1st post..

I noticed now that evey time i turn on the console, the "NEO GEO gold log" of the unibios 4.0 isn't visible. It is visibile only when i run a game. And i noticed that when i turn on the console, alwasy appears the pop up "Checking games...". Is it normal?

thanks

Unibios logo will not show on boot because the cart has not loaded yet.

Yes, file system is checked and games are loaded on every boot.

something is not right with the menu update. Can you try again? Make sure that you are using the right menu file.

Ohh link was bad. Download the menu again from the 1st post please.

been some time since I updated, but wow!

Everything is working great, fast loading time and responsive menu, region select and AES mode works great as well :thumbsup:

@legolas119, @PascalP @everyone thanks for feedback. As you know, we are just 2 guys here working on this cart. We improve the features and remove all bugs as fast as we can and you have our commitment that we won't stop until all bugs are gone. We are also hearing you guys and adding "not-very-crazy" features all the time. This cart is also shapped according to your demands. Thanks for your patience.

i just had to look up when i got my mvs multi - i was on the july 2018 preorder from aldo.

the difference between then and now is day and night :thumbup:

I think we all here really appreciate all the hard work that went into the multi, before and after release.

Yes thank you to Mitsu and Darksoft for all your hard work on this. Oh, and thank you to New Menu Guy too!

:D

I'll be glad when you are done with this one so you can start working on something else...

8o

So, having some issues with the latest updates. I've updated the same way as all prior and the cart is successfully showing the correct FW, Menu etc.

Each time I boot the cart, I'm getting some jumbled characters with an error (ax001 I think) and then a file system error. It boots to the menu and I can assigned games to slots. Some won't write correctly and during the writing process, more jumbled characters and I never see the updating slot text. Some just freeze when attempting to write. The ones that do write, only a few work. Many give the red colored text warning of this rom cart only used on SNK hardware, etc. I did get 2020 Baseball to boot and it has about 4-5 rows of white pixels vertically on the right side of the image.

Something def went wrong. What steps should I take? All prior versions worked fine for me, less some jumbled characters/text while flashing, though the flashing still worked each time. (I have a 1-C board)

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you might not have deleted the BUFF file?

So, having some issues with the latest updates. I've updated the same way as all prior and the cart is successfully showing the correct FW, Menu etc.

Each time I boot the cart, I'm getting some jumbled characters with an error (ax001 I think) and then a file system error. It boots to the menu and I can assigned games to slots. Some won't write correctly and during the writing process, more jumbled characters and I never see the updating slot text. Some just freeze when attempting to write. The ones that do write, only a few work. Many give the red colored text warning of this rom cart only used on SNK hardware, etc. I did get 2020 Baseball to boot and it has about 4-5 rows of white pixels vertically on the right side of the image.

Something def went wrong. What steps should I take? All prior versions worked fine for me, less some jumbled characters/text while flashing, though the flashing still worked each time. (I have a 1-C board)

Thanks for the help.
I am getting the same problem with MVS-1C. Buff file was deleted.

Back