Pinned Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,
      I am new in the forum, just bought a DarkSoft MVS Multi Cartridge to replace a NEOSD that is giving me a lot of crashes with bigger games on my MV-1FZ MVS console (i tried on 2 consolizations).
      The cart will arrive tomorrow but i wished to ask DarkSoft if he is planning to support Neo Geo CD images for his card, cause of the good audio of CD and if his card emulates a memory card or if i need to add NeoBiosMasta VMC.
      Thanks for the answers, in each case i really hope i can solve my crashes with the new card and i can finally play my games.
    • scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      I am new in the forum, just bought a DarkSoft MVS Multi Cartridge to replace a NEOSD that is giving me a lot of crashes with bigger games on my MV-1FZ MVS console (i tried on 2 consolizations).
      The cart will arrive tomorrow but i wished to ask DarkSoft if he is planning to support Neo Geo CD images for his card, cause of the good audio of CD and if his card emulates a memory card or if i need to add NeoBiosMasta VMC.
      Thanks for the answers, in each case i really hope i can solve my crashes with the new card and i can finally play my games.
      Welcome :)

and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
    • scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      MVS hardware doesn't support CD quality audio.
      The multi however could support CD games converted to ROMs.
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset even untested or not working
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), even with faulty PCM chip

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Darksoft wrote:

@INGUES what does your section ABOUT in the menu shows? As @SVM stated, please let us know if it works after deleting the BUFF file.
      Occasionally, when I start a game without loading the menu first, only the top graphics layer is visible (usually the score, lives etc) I just go back to the menu, and load the slots again and it works
      Collector for 25 years - New from '92 - Electrocoin Xenon SFII CE - Over 150 original PCBs - Darksoft Multi CPS2/Taito F3/Neo Geo MVS+AES/Irem M72 - JROK multi Williams
    • PascalP wrote:

scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      Welcome :)
      and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
      Yes, i ordered a 12V 8A power supply from Salcar.
      I have 2 MVS, both same card, 1 is 12v and one 5v mod (completely 5v also for audio).
      I think i will use DarkSoft on the 12v model with the power supply indicated above.
      Or if you have a model to suggest that is sure will work please indicate.

For the 5v model i have a 5v 8a but i don't know if these cards will work on a 5v mod MVS.
    • Apocalypse wrote:

scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      MVS hardware doesn't support CD quality audio.The multi however could support CD games converted to ROMs.
      Are there CD games converted to ROMS? I could find only CD images.
      If the card could read CD images in the future it would be for sure more comfortable.
      It is not a must of course, only a plus that i think could be appreciated by users :)

As for memory card, do you know if DarkSoft card can emulate it?
    • Yes there have been few CD games converted to ROMs, Crossed Swords 2 comes to mind.
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset even untested or not working
      - Sega Super Scaler hardware (Out Run, Model X, Model Y), even with faulty PCM chip

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • scopion73 wrote:

PascalP wrote:

scopion73 wrote:

Hello,
      Welcome :) and double check if your PSU is beefy enough, especially on consolized board the 5v supply could potentially be an issue.
      Yes, i ordered a 12V 8A power supply from Salcar.I have 2 MVS, both same card, 1 is 12v and one 5v mod (completely 5v also for audio).
      I think i will use DarkSoft on the 12v model with the power supply indicated above.
      Or if you have a model to suggest that is sure will work please indicate.

For the 5v model i have a 5v 8a but i don't know if these cards will work on a 5v mod MVS.
      Those sound like they should be fine, I don’t know exactly how much amps a consolized unit will draw, but it will be slightly more with the multi compared to a OEM cart.
      i think most people that has issues where using <5A supplies anyway
    • This is for MVS. Here's what the About menu shows:

Firmware revision: 0x044e
      Firmware build: 0xa160
      Top file build: 0x35bb
      Menu build date: Nov 22 2019
      Menu build time: 22 : 10 : 59
      Supported games: 238 out of 239
      Detected Hardware: MVS

I went ahead and deleted the BUFF file and then re-assigned the games to different slots and rebooted. The issue appears to have gone away by doing that and I can see normal graphics in MS3 and Blazing Star. The About menu has the same values as before I deleted the BUFF file.

I think it's resolved but let me know if there's anything else that I need to do or if something looks off in the About details.