What's new
Not really. Same ones that are on the PDF on the 1st post. Put all the files in the \update folder of your microSD and power on. It will take like 30-45 secs and the console will reset several times. Check that all 3 files (flash.img, top and CPLD ) are gone from the microSD)

@Galford you need to use the Nov 22nd menu with the latest firmware (you are using Oct menu).

LASTEST FIRMWARE : June 2nd 2020
LATEST MENU: November 22nd 2019
Thanks for your remark. Done.
still woks good at this moment. i tried some tests to try reproduce some issues faced last year! no problem :thumbup:
Capture.PNG

Question : is it possible to add in the first topic the version of th new firmware (revision- as shown in the screen) in order to compare and check easily the new version after flashing :) ?

Last edited:
still woks good at this moment. i tried some tests to try reproduce some issues faced last year! no problem
Great news! Keep playing! *ehem* I mean testing!

Question : is it possible to add in the first topic the version of th new firmware (revision- as shown in the screen) in order to compare and check easily the new version after flashing ?
Done! I used your image. I hope you don't mind :)

No issues with this firmware update.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_202532.jpg
    IMG_20200602_202532.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 126
Only thing i am noticing is with some games i get the error screen. then i would have to switch games to make it run smooth with no errors. i also clean the nram before i set the roms in the 3 slots.

Only thing i am noticing is with some games i get the error screen. then i would have to switch games to make it run smooth with no errors. i also clean the nram before i set the roms in the 3 slots.
What error screen?

This firmware is running smoothly for me too thus far. Nice work Darksoft.

This one

EBC75516-864F-4E08-8996-3D6C49549D4A.jpeg

I got this randomly. Happened on my Samsho2 in slot 2. And one time with fatal fury special in slot 1

Last edited:
Have you tried without a UniBIOS? I believe that UniBIOS isn’t 100% supported?

I will change motherboards shortly to a UniBIOS one and see if I can replicate. Anyone else having this issue?

I would suggest trying with a stock MVS BIOS first, then after you've confirmed the system is stable, try UniBIOS v4.0 to see if that introduces any issues?

If so, the problem lays with UniBIOS compatibility and not necessarily with the cart.

I believe that UniBIOS isn’t 100% supported?
Not sure if it's better now, but way back I could not get my multi to behave properly at all in my 4 slot until I removed the unibios.

I haven't put it back in, so I'm not sure if compatibility has improved.

I have similar issues with Unibios with regular (non multi) game carts. Comes up with errors as pictured above and another one about cleaning cart contacts. Yet when I revert to factory bios the cart(s) run fine.

I think stability with a stock Neo Geo BIOS is of most importance and a priority with Firmware releases.

Users have to take into account that the UniBIOS wasn't written with this flashcart in mind, and that a BIOS can really introduce issues and hurdles.

The Darksoft cart offers a huge chunk of the most useful features the UniBIOS offers already, so my suggestion is to rollback to a stock BIOS for testing and reporting bugs for the time being? :)

The Darksoft cart offers a huge chunk of the most useful features the UniBIOS offers already, so my suggestion is to rollback to a stock BIOS for testing and reporting bugs for the time being?
I couldn't agree more :)

Happened to me many times before with OG carts. Mostly due to bad contact and maybe an oversensitive error handler in the UniBIOS with some games?
I've seen that often too.

Back