What's new
I tried the last firmware and World Heroes still crash at the ending credit with both stock bios (reboot) and unibios4 (exception error handling)

I tried the last firmware and World Heroes still crash at the ending credit with both stock bios (reboot) and unibios4 (exception error handling)
I cant reproduce that here, but I'll have a look again.

Today arrived my MVS Multi cartridge, oh boy that was very very fast and the packaging was really nice:
IMG_8799.jpg

Thank you very much @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES :)

I installed the new firmware, which was quite easy and added some games.
IMG_8801.jpg*

I removed my face with a black box^^

When starting my 4 slot board while my KoF 94 cart is in any other slot (yes any other physical slot) the system starts like this:
IMG_8802.jpg

The KoF 94 looks like this:
IMG_8803.jpg

Normally KoF 94 works perfect. When I replace KoF with SockTroopers no physical games have sound.

When I load the game V-Liner, the hole system restarts.

And two times I got this:
IMG_8805.jpg

Also I have to soft restart the system to get into the MVS Multi menu. Starting worked perfect with the old firmware, but the in-game sound level was not constant. The graphical issues where the same. I also tested the Multi cart in any slot and I also checked the voltage: 4,95V

When the MVS Multi is the only cart it starts at the first try! Are other carts are not supported when the Muli cartridge is inserted? I tested some games and it worked quite well with my 4 slot board.

I also testet it with my 6 slot board. No problem while starting or with the KoF 94 cartridge but I get some graphical white artifacts:
IMG_8862.jpg
Menu

IMG_8819.jpg
Samurai Showdown II

IMG_8840.jpg
Pullstar

The 4 slot board has a UniBios 4.0 and the 6 slot board has non. Each board works perfect with any game I have. If needed I can list them. I currently have no issues with my boards.

Sometimes I get 'Filesystem not ready' or something like that.

Any idea whats the problem with all of this or anything I can try? Please feel free to ask if more informations are needed:)

Do I have to send it back?

By the way, I'm not mad or anything! The MVS boards are very very old and each board is different!

Thank you very much!!

Edit: Sorry I posted into the wrong thread! Please move it if possible, thx!

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpg
    IMG_8800.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Hi @Darksoft,

thank you very much for your support, I highly appreciate it:)

It works like this on my 4 slot with an UniBios 4.0 after I did a soft reset. But the first time it doesn't show up.

It loads and plays games fine inside my 4 slot MVS cabinet!

In the meantime I tested roundabout 20 cartridges in combination with the Multi even with and without UniBios. Here are my results:

4 slot MVS board with an UniBios 4.0:
  1. Multi cartridge does not show up at the first start
  2. Multi cartridge works fine when it is the only cart
  3. Sometimes the menu sound gets enabled even when I turned it off
  4. KoF 94 cartridge has corrupted graphics
  5. When Metal Slug X or Metal Slug 5 cartridge is in any other slot: the console freezes while starting the Multi cartridge
  6. Games can be played via Multi cartridge perfectly (after a soft restart and no KoF, MS X or MS 5 in any slot)
4 slot MVS board with normal Bios:
  1. Multi cartridge starts at the first try (alone or with other cartridges)
  2. No issues with KoF 94 (I did not test MS X and MS 5, sorry!)
  3. Sometimes the menu sound gets enabled even when I turned it off
The onboard batterie works fine as far as I know. The time is correct and I can't remember when I set it up the last time.

6 slot MVS board with an UniBios 4.0 and currently no batterie installed:
  3. Loaded games have white artifacts (see first post)
6 slot MVS board with normal Bios and currently no batterie installed:
  3. Loaded games have white artifacts (see first post)

Issue summary:
  1. Sometimes the menu sound gets enabled even when I turned it off
  2. 4 slot board with UniBios: Multi cartridge starts not at the first try: after that it works fine!
  3. 6 slot board: Multi cartridge displays white artifacts in Multi menu and every game
  4. Some MVS cartridge does not work together with the Multi. I would say thats okay. Some of my cartridges are also a bit picky and don't like one or two other cartridges :D

If you could help me with these issues it would be really really kind of you!!

In the end I would like to point out that I think the Multi cartridge is a create product and it's probably my hardware!

PS: Please don't feel offended by anything in my post! English isn't my mother's tongue ;)

Last edited:
The onboard batterie works fine as far as I know. The time is correct and I can't remember when I set it up the last time.
Please check with a voltage meter, it may remember the time, but the contents could be corrupted.

In any case THANKS a lot for detailed feedback. It's all very clear. It was already stated before that UNIBIOS 4.0 does weird things with some motherboards. If you can play it properly in your 4 Slots, I feel mucho more relieved.

PS: Please don't feel offended by anything in my post! English isn't my mother's tongue
No problem at all. As I said, we'll have a look. But 6 SLOT are known to be very picky.

Thank you for your feedback!
Please check with a voltage meter, it may remember the time, but the contents could be corrupted.
I measured the voltage. It is 3V. Is this enough or should I replace it? Is there a reason that you store the menu config on the MVS board and not on the SD cart?
In any case THANKS a lot for detailed feedback. It's all very clear. It was already stated before that UNIBIOS 4.0 does weird things with some motherboards. If you can play it properly in your 4 Slots, I feel mucho more relieved.
You are welcome, I'm happy it helped! Does older UniBios versions work better with you MVS cartridge? Should I get an other one or can you fix this compatibility issue?
As I said, we'll have a look. But 6 SLOT are known to be very picky.
I know they are picky... is there something you can do? Do you need more information or can I help? It would be very nice if it works perfectly.

My cabinet is located in our living room and I'm planing to run the 6 slot board inside my man cave. This way I can play my Neo Geo even when the living room is used by others :)

Thank you very much!

Hi @Darksoft,

I replaced the battery of my 4 slot board with a battery holder and a brand new CR2032 from JNX I had laying around. I have an MV4FS slot board and followed the JNX tutorial. I looks like it works now, I tried it multiple times. I will keep an eye on it. The only strange thing, the menu counter is always 0...

IMG_8889.jpg

I also played a couple of games I don't own. They worked very well! Thank you very much :)

It would be really kind of you if you cloud answer or help me with following questions:
  • How can we fix the menu countdown?
  • Should I get an older UniBios, an other UniBios 4.0 or can you fix this compatibility issue?
  • Is there something you or I can do about my 6 slot graphical issues?
I thank you very very much! I'm looking forward to your answers. I appreciate your support :)

Hi @Darksoft,

I replaced the battery of my 4 slot board with a battery holder and a brand new CR2032 from JNX I had laying around. I have an MV4FS slot board and followed the JNX tutorial. I looks like it works now, I tried it multiple times. I will keep an eye on it. The only strange thing, the menu counter is always 0...

IMG_8889.jpg

I also played a couple of games I don't own. They worked very well! Thank you very much :)

It would be really kind of you if you cloud answer or help me with following questions:
  • How can we fix the menu countdown?
  • Should I get an older UniBios, an other UniBios 4.0 or can you fix this compatibility issue?
  • Is there something you or I can do about my 6 slot graphical issues?
I thank you very very much! I'm looking forward to your answers. I appreciate your support :)
menu countdown timer can be found in the menu options

Unibios 4.0 works great with Multi

In regards to your graphical issues be sure you're using the first slot with the other slots unoccupied first and be sure you clear your nvram when flashing games

I hope this somewhat helps

Hi @beast1x5,

thank you for your help, I appreciate it :)

Yes I changed the countdown in the menu options and it has no effect at all... so I hunted the bug :D My result: as soon as I enable 'skip intro' the bug appears. Other options, like music or countdown length have no effect. I also tried to clear the NVRAM, but no effect either. It is just the 'skip intro' options.

Sadly my Multi does not like my UniBios as described above :-/ It only comes up after a soft reset or if it's the only cartridge in my 4 slot board otherwise the slot can't be selected. Thats why I asked this question.

I also tried your suggestion for my 6 slot board. No better results... I hope @Darksoft has any idea :)

Thank you very much my friend!

Yes I changed the countdown in the menu options and it has no effect at all... so I hunted the bug
That's an effec of another option called SKIP Animation. Change that option and you'll see that now you can change the counter.

A bunch of people complained about this, so we may change it.

I also tried your suggestion for my 6 slot board. No better results... I hope @Darksoft has any idea
I have no better ideas for your 6 slot. Probably UNIBIOS is introducing a lot of delays and interruptions which are too much for the 6 slots.

I would avoid UNIBIOS 4.0 for now. Try 3.3 which should be OK.

Thank you very much for you answer!

I understand! It's a feature not a bug:
bug-feature.jpg

Sorry, I'm a software developer and I love this meme... it's kind of an everyday joke if we work with customers^^ I was just a bit confused at the beginning. But now it's fine. I have my 9 Seconds countdown and thats enough for slow people like I am:D

Sadly my 6 slot board runs without an UniBios and has these graphical issues. But if you think it would help, I could order a UniBios 3.3 for my 4 slot board to fix the issues I have with this board (Multi starts only after soft reset).

Btw I'm really really happy for your the support! I'm happy that I decided to buy a Darksoft Multi :) I hate drama...

Thank you!!

Btw I'm really really happy for your the support! I'm happy that I decided to buy a Darksoft Multi I hate drama...
Thank you !

Sadly my 6 slot board runs without an UniBios and has these graphical issues. But if you think it would help, I could order a UniBios 3.3 for my 4 slot board to fix the issues I have with this board (Multi starts only after soft reset).
Maybe it helps. We promise to have a look but it won't be inmediately.

Okay, thank you very much! I will be patient:)

I'll think about buying a version 3.3 UniBios in the future and give it a try. Maybe next month or so.

Okay, thank you very much! I will be patient:)

I'll think about buying a version 3.3 UniBios in the future and give it a try. Maybe next month or so.
If you have access to a eprom burner the file can be downloaded for free :)
Also loads of folks here on the forum can burn on for you

Oh that sounds awesome! I did not know that there a people here who can do that. Thank you very much for the hint @PascalP and @Darksoft:) Maybe I find someone in south Germany. But thats something for tomorrow...

Thanks guys! I had enough for today... good night^^

Back