What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
As I'm fixing my MVS with a bad video RAM I directly want to swap out the battery and place a CR2032 holder, same for my PGM.

If I'm correct the rechargeable coin cell type for a MVS is ML2032 (3v), where a PGM has a LIR2032 (3,6v)

Correct?

Usually on MVS I use the JNX mod to disable the charging circuit. That way normal 2032 coin cells are fine and last for years at a time.

You are definitely correct about the MVS, they run a 3V rechargeable coin cell in the 1FZ boards. I haven't got a PGM (though I do have 2 coming in for repair) so I can't confirm battery on these.

I would have assumed they use the same as I thought people replaced the battery on these with a standard CR2032

People do replace them with 3v CR2032, but according to the Otaku Wiki they use a Varta 3/V60R which is 3.6v.

My board came without the original battery so cannot tell...

Aren't the NiCd batteries on the Neo boards 3.6v as well? I assumed CR2032 had a higher amperage which made up for the shortfall in voltage

Well as rechargeable 3.6v coin cells are quite hard to source (at least from respectable brands...), I might consider disabling the charging circuit and just popping in a quality CR2032, those should last for years to come anyway :)

Back