Ghosts'n Goblins (original) repair

• Darksoft wrote:

And the music in the c64 version? Why did they do that? The original was so cool!!!
      The music in C64 version is also good. Rob Hubbard is the guy who makes music for many C64 games. But I agree the music from the arcade version is already great. I guess for the C64 version they might not get a permission or the rights to use from the original composer (a japanese lady).

The NES version, however, is the same as arcade.
    • yavuzg wrote:

Darksoft wrote:

And the music in the c64 version? Why did they do that? The original was so cool!!!
      The music in C64 version is also good. Rob Hubbard is the guy who makes music for many C64 games. But I agree the music from the arcade version is already great. I guess for the C64 version they might not get a permission or the rights to use from the original composer (a japanese lady).
      The NES version, however, is the same as arcade.
      Probably the lady wanted too much money and they had to go for an alternative version. I like most of the tunes of Rob, but the original one was already fantastic. I didn't see the need to change it tbh.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • @yavuzg
      Fantastic repair job mate! I really enjoyed your very detailed walkthrough. I have repaired a couple of bootlegs myself and I surely know how it feels...This game is like a holly grail for many of us.Loved it since I was a kid,still enjoy playing it! :)

Being a C64 guy myself and quite active in C64 scene, I feel that's worth to mention the new GnG arcade remake by Nostalgia, released on 2015 :

Download link: csdb.dk/release/?id=139257

Please give it a try and you wont regret it! ;)
      iamretro.GR iamretro.gr/

MAME.GR mame.gr
    • GeoAnas wrote:

@yavuzg
      Fantastic repair job mate! I really enjoyed your very detailed walkthrough. I have repaired a couple of bootlegs myself and I surely know how it feels...This game is like a holly grail for many of us.Loved it since I was a kid,still enjoy playing it! :)

Being a C64 guy myself and quite active in C64 scene, I feel that's worth to mention the new GnG arcade remake by Nostalgia, released on 2015 :

Download link: csdb.dk/release/?id=139257

Please give it a try and you wont regret it! ;)
      I've played this on my ezflash cart. Can confirm, this remake is legit!