What's new

markedkiller78

Student
Reaction score
Apologies in advance, I was warned that this wasn’t easy and now it’s going to be harder :(

2 of the solder pads have been lifted when a friend tried to do the fix for me. One isn’t used, but the other is. I’ll post a pic, but the trace has been scratched back, so a wire could be attached.

Is there anyone in the U.K. that could apply the crackle fix smd, or wire up my DS multi? I’m more than happy to pay for the service.

The damage

Attachments

• IMG_6132.jpg
    IMG_6132.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6133.jpg
    IMG_6133.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 178
Mine's one of the 1st run boards that needs doing also, it's not been touched as yet though.

If Mitsu was willing to fix mine too (for a fee) then we could maybe look at shipping them together and share shipping fees? We'd have to factor in domestic shipping between the two of us but it might still be cheaper.

Unless there is someone/somewhere else in the UK/Euroland who's able to do so?

I'm sure the cheapest would be to have someone locally doing that for you. From the top of my head I remember some UK users with skills:
@penrhos, @squallrs or any of the folks at UKVAC.

If there is no other choice, you can send them to me, but I'm pretty busy at the moment and can take a while.

Cheers.

Thanks darksoft,

If I sent it to you, could you update the firmware too :/

I appreciate I’m asking a lot here, but I don’t want this to get messed up (worse than it is) I’ll obviouslt pay for your time and there is absolutely no rush from my end

Back