What's new
please read the instructions. The second light will be one if a new game is programmed and that will last about 20-30 secs. How long is yours flashing? Is the file structure in your cart right? Do you have the reset wire installed? You know that you have to reset or power cycle after each write, right?

Thanks for the follow up, Darksoft.

I did read the directions, reviewing now. I probably missed something.

As I typed in my initial post - the power light stays a solid green, the prog light blinks a single time upon powering the st-v board.

I did receive an 8gb micro sd, but I had used it for another purpose and wiped it. I recently reformatted the micro sd card as fat32 and loaded the recent roll-up pack (all folders - docs, games, and sounds).

No wires came with the st-v multi from highscore. I do not know how to solder - so no, I did not install the reset wire. I am looking for a modder to service the motherboard/install the lcd selector.

I appreciate feedback. Perhaps, I just need to find a modder. My usual go-to is not interested in working with the board due to the sensitivity of the sh2 chips..... so if you have U.S. based recommendations...

I appreciate the attention.

I'm troubleshooting an issue where selecting a game on the LCD doesn't reset the multi cart. The LCD selector reset pin is wired to the multi reset pin and the multi reset pad is wired to the IC12 pin 8. It is wired the same as another board I have that is currently working with an LCD selector.

Do I need to update the multi firmware to allow LCD selector to reboot the multi? I know the LCD selector reset is working because if I wire it direct to IC12 pin 8 it reboots the STV board.

Did you already try both selectors with the another board which is working with LCD selector? Easy way to check the other selector...

Did you already try both selectors with the another board which is working with LCD selector?
I did try my other selector. I also tried swapping arduinos, SD cards, ribbon cable, etc.
Have a look here about how to update to a newer version with AUTORESET
I did review this. I copied the ISO to an SD card and booted, but there was no light activity. This leads me to believe the firmware is older since it does not detect the ISO. Looks like I'll have to pickup a discovery kit. Will this one work? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...N1XuIKnvKV1jSIMb-GEffbeFqui5e0JQaAvI-EALw_wcB

it may have an old Firmware
My discovery kit arrived and I reprogrammed the cart. Everything is working good now!

The STV firmware update instructions seem incomplete. I created my own instructions for the update for future reference. If it's helpful I can post them here.

Please post them here. I may add some parts to the official ones.

Thanks.

I have an older darksoft ST-V kit (circa 2014) that I’m just now starting to put together.I was hoping someone can validate steps the best steps to get it working before I commence down this path…

Also, anyone know where I can pick-up a plastic housing for my kit?

Thanks! It’s not always easy to follow everything as its a bit scatter across threads, so after learning my lessons on a few other kits figured best to ask first..

yes, those are basically the steps.

If you have any trouble you can always contact @Mitsurugi-w and he'll install/update your kit for a fee.

About those plastic cases...check here. I think @twistedsymphony can shed some light here.

I'm a bit confused on how to update the firmware on the STV multi using the discovery kit (first time using one) after reading the instructions here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qhcfw2aaarpvabr/STV_How_to_Update_Firmware_Text.pdf/file

Questions:
1. Is there a video showing how to connect the Discovery Kit to the STV multicart? I can't seem to find one that shows the process.
2. I don't understand how to connect the Discovery Kit and STV multicart together. I've found the 8 block of pins on the STV multi and understand that I need to connect pins 1, 2, and 8 from this block to the discovery somehow... however I'm not understanding where these are connecting to on the Discovery Kit?
3. How is the Discovery Kit powered? Is it just via the mini-usb port or do I need to buy some type of power adapter?
4. It looks like I need to connect a 5V and Ground wires from the STV multi to a power source? Any video of this and suggestions on easiest power source to use?

Thanks!

@everten ah, I missed this file - thanks so much for not only linking it, but also creating it as it's exactly what I need :)

Back