What's new
It sounds like a pcb issue to me now. I've seen it on some pcbs where one game will work while another won't. Even using original carts. You can try reflowing the SH-2s and the cart connector.

Weird. That works for me. Must be something with your mobo IMHO or you have the wrong roms.

Running latest @SmokeMonster pack so that should be good :)

I’ll try to reflow the SH2’s or buy another motherboard for testing

That should definitely help. Those STV mobos are a PITA and pron to failure with multiple uninimaginable effects to diagnose...

It reboots, show a check cart connector and press service to exit message, if I press service now, it boots to the ST-V post screen as if no cart is installed
I've run into this before after adding/swapping games on the card without reformatting. I know you've already tried reformatting but it coudn't hurt to try another card.

Quick update, I've replaced the ST-V mobo and now the set works perfectly fine.
Awesome product!

IMAG0599.jpg

Reflowing the SH2’s didn’t work...
Better get a replacement mobo now I guess?

EDIT:
Also tested with a different SD card, exactly same result

Last edited:
Ok, I bought 2 different, confirmed working STV motherboard, and I still have the same issue now on all 3 motherboards.

Original carts work on all 3 boards, so only conclusion I can draw is that there is something wrong with the multi?
1 motherboard has EU bios, 1 has JAP and 1 had MODbios

@Darksoft can I send it in for checking?

Last edited:
Will do! Thanks!
Do you want the LCD selector and a motherboard as well?

Hmm. Ok. Send it all. STV mobo is after all pretty compact.

Hi

I have some trouble with my ST-V board.

I bought a like new ST-V board from a collector and he only opens the box to test it. all indicates to be really like new even the jamma connector didn't have any scrap or mark.

Before Darksoft cart arrive I first test it with an original game. First boot and black screen. No signal. I tried a couple of times and it worked. In that time I was thinking about the slot (no use for some time, dirt, etc).

When Darksoft cart arrived I installed it and have some trouble again but it worked after all and I turn it on a few times testing darksoft cart in a period of one month.

Today I turned it on again and worked. But now (latter) the board refuses to work! I didn't change anything. I getting black screen with darsoft, with original game and even without game (I saw a video that without game the board boot to a ST-V logo).

The power led is working and the crystal are working. But not pulse in the video out. Just a black screen as nothing was turned on, as processor is dead! (normally you can see a small change in screen brightness when its working but couldn't show video for some reason, but this one is a black screen without any hint of video signal).

I read this thead and tried to press sh2 (both chips together) but no result.

Anything else I could look for to get my board working again? Resoldeing both SH2 could lead to a solution?

have you checked your voltages? what are you getting on the 5V pin of the JAMMA edge connector?

I'm afraid that those STV mobos fail often with very weird symptoms. I would try with another mobo to be 100% sure is not that.

Hi

I have some trouble with my ST-V board.

I bought a like new ST-V board from a collector and he only opens the box to test it. all indicates to be really like new even the jamma connector didn't have any scrap or mark.

Before Darksoft cart arrive I first test it with an original game. First boot and black screen. No signal. I tried a couple of times and it worked. In that time I was thinking about the slot (no use for some time, dirt, etc).

When Darksoft cart arrived I installed it and have some trouble again but it worked after all and I turn it on a few times testing darksoft cart in a period of one month.

Today I turned it on again and worked. But now (latter) the board refuses to work! I didn't change anything. I getting black screen with darsoft, with original game and even without game (I saw a video that without game the board boot to a ST-V logo).

The power led is working and the crystal are working. But not pulse in the video out. Just a black screen as nothing was turned on, as processor is dead! (normally you can see a small change in screen brightness when its working but couldn't show video for some reason, but this one is a black screen without any hint of video signal).

I read this thead and tried to press sh2 (both chips together) but no result.

Anything else I could look for to get my board working again? Resoldeing both SH2 could lead to a solution?
SOLVED! :D

I take off the fixed battery and the board boot. I resolded the same battery and everything was fine. I think I made some sort of reset. :thumbup:

Since I'm talking about it, can you please tell me what configuration this fixed battery holds? And the coin battery?

Thanks!

Hello

My multi STV doesn't work properly.

I have "cartridge error" on most games.
The only games that work normally are :
batman forever (no sound obviously),
cotton 2,
cotton boomerang,
danchi de hanafuda,
touryuu densetsu elan doree
gardian force
groove on fight
hanagumi taisen columns: sakura wars
othello shiyouyo
princess kurara daisakusen
radiant silvergun
shanghai: the great wall
shienryu

I used a 32GB SD card (san disk brand new).
I tried the latest archive with same result.

I tried another mother board from a friend with same result.

I tried with a very small SD card (2GB),
with only games 1 to 5.
Only the game 3 and 5 work, most others give "cartridge error" (some don't show that error, but don't start).

Any idea ?

Thank you

One thing about ST-V boards is they will simply not boot because the cabinet type is wrong (really lame) go into the test menu and then change the cabniet type from either 1 to 2 player or vice versa and it should boot.

Hello

My multi STV doesn't work properly.

I have "cartridge error" on most games.
The only games that work normally are :
batman forever (no sound obviously),
cotton 2,
cotton boomerang,
danchi de hanafuda,
touryuu densetsu elan doree
gardian force
groove on fight
hanagumi taisen columns: sakura wars
othello shiyouyo
princess kurara daisakusen
radiant silvergun
shanghai: the great wall
shienryu

I used a 32GB SD card (san disk brand new).
I tried the latest archive with same result.

I tried another mother board from a friend with same result.

I tried with a very small SD card (2GB),
with only games 1 to 5.
Only the game 3 and 5 work, most others give "cartridge error" (some don't show that error, but don't start).

Any idea ?

Thank you
change the cabinet setting and see if that works.

Back