What's new
Instructions to change that are on the 1st post of this thread.

My systems settings are :
2 Player cabinet
Standalone

This is the correct settings for most of the games.

I tried with 1 Player cabinet but it doesn't change anything.

Furthermore the error is "Error on cartrigde", and when this happens,
there is no sub-menu for the Game-settings
like when there is no cartridge inserted.

If the problem was about the number of players, I would still see the game settings submenu in the settup page. It's not the case.

In that case there is most likely an issue with your motherboard. I've seen it many times with ST-V. And it is weird that it plays some games but not others. I guess it is because different games do not always use the same address line.

Try to reflow the SH-2s and the cart connector. If that does not work you may need to source a different pcb.

I'm sure the motherboard is fine.
I just bought it from Japan.
I tested the cart on a friend motherboard that is working fine also.

And the exact same issues with your friend's motherboard?

I've done additional tests yesterday.

On the same configuration (cabinet, motherboard), I tried the following original cartridges :
Steep Slope Sliders
Soukyugurentai
Columns 97
Tecmo World Cup ‘98
winter heat

They all work normally, these games give a cartridge error on the multi STV.

Let's see some pictures of the card in high rez please.

And can you please go to service mode and show what the motherboard says? Is the game name visible?

Those games that you show are either PROTECTED or need 2P configuration.

Those with 2P configuration like:
33 | Soukyugurentai | sokyugrt | 100001 | 2P
04 | Columns 97 | colmns97 | 001000 | 2P
39 | Winter Heat | winterht | 111001 | 2P

will not show a name in the service menu until you change the cabinet type to 2P

For the other 2:
34 | Steep Slope Sliders | sss | 010001 | 1P (Protected)
36 | Tecmo World Cup '98 | twcup98 | 001001 | 2P (Protected)

You need to use the romset that was hacked to work.

I used the latest romset available on this site.

when there is a settings issue (2P/1P), the rom name appears on the top of the screen, with an error at the bottoms.

With the multi STV on all these games, there is only the "error on cartrige" at the bottom of the screen.

@Mitsurugi-w only those games that he posted seem not to work. Can you please PM him your working version of Column97?

He can't see the game of the name in any of the slots, what leads me to think that problem might be the romset.

It can also be the microSD. This can be solved formatting it again and copying back all the files in a single drag and drop move.

@arc11 are you copying the files using a PC or a Mac. Please avoid Mac and do as I mentioned before. Hopefully that will solve the issues.

Thanks.

This image that you have is telling me that the STV cant see the game. This means either that the cabinet type is wrong (which we already know it's not the problem) or that the game wasnt loaded properly. Please try the method I explained in my last post and if you have a smaller microSD (4Gb or less) please try there. Thanks!
2z9gqz5.jpg

I tried also with a 2GB SD card
I tried to reformat the 32BG SD card, and only copy the first 5 games
I'm sure the filesystem is not fragmented.
I also tried to defragment the 32GB with all the games (0% fragmented).

I copied the games from a windows 7 PC, using the latest archive.

let's see what happens with columns. If we can find the source of the problem. I'll ask you to send it over.

@arc11 can you please try to copy again the file called file.13 as file.07? Both should be on folder game_04.

See if that fixes the game now. If it doesnt, please use the file.07 attached.

thanks.

Attachments

• file.zip
    97 KB · Views: 229
thank you

I tried what you asked, but it didn't change anything.
The game 04 cartridge is not recognized (error on cartridge)

Can you copy the content of a working game i.e. game_11 into game_04 and see if the game loads now from slot 04. That's just to make sure it's not a romset problem. If that doesn't work, I'll ask you to send the kit to me.

Back