What's new
Amazon or something in the US, that should ensure a genuine card and no a Chinese counterfeit...
Personally I always buy Samsung Evo or Sandisk Ultra cards, but also have good success with Kingston cards

So I found a 2GB card that I had originally bought for my cps2 kit and I can get a few games to work.

Die hard did load fine, even after it initially said cart fault or whatever the exact message is. Virtua fighter remix also loaded but didn't load into the game after the character select screen the first time.

I tried final fight revenge and groove on fight but neither loaded, groove on fight would stay at a black screen after the stvs cart loading screen and FFR would display jumbled graphics.

It could be the micro SD card or it could be that I'm still using USA bios. Any ideas?

I would say card, if the Bios is incorrect it will tell you, this game is intended to only run in Japan blablabla

That's most likely what I figured but it was weird that some games would work but others wouldn't.

If some games load and others don't it can also be that your SH-2 processors need to be reflowed.

Whats the best temp to do this and for how long?

Any idea why sprites from this are missing?

Astra Super Stars does the same thing and all my memory checks read good. Could this be the same issue? I pressed down on all of my chips and nothing happened really.

Attachments

• received_434942410663525.jpeg
    received_434942410663525.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 365
Any idea why sprites from this are missing?

Astra Super Stars does the same thing and all my memory checks read good. Could this be the same issue? I pressed down on all of my chips and nothing happened really.
This seems like you didn't wait for the flashing process to finish. Check the leds whenever you flash a new game :)

Any reason why these games aren't working? Seems to be the games that are listed as "protected" in the list.

Final Fight Revenge - won't load. Everything runs as per normal til after the patent screen etc and it just hangs on a black screen.

Decathalete - garbled graphics.

Touryuu Densetsu - missing sprites.

Steep Slope Riders - black screen.

I've tried a few other games and they work fine, like Radiant Silvergun, Cotton, Terra Diver, Golden Axe etc.

Brand new SanDisk 16gb card

Modbios

Games downloaded from Mega link at beginning of this forum post.

Just using the STV flash cart on its own with jumper shunts.

Either you have an old romset or your motherboard is not working properly.

Only Decathlete remains as protected as of today.

I think it's an old rom set maybe.

Just tried Tecmo World Cup, black screen.

Any game noted as protected does not work.

The roms were downloaded from the link in the first post here, perhaps that needs to be updated?

I'm downloading the SmokeMonster set, it's a slow speed download so is taking hours, I'll update if a more modern rom set fixes the issue...

I'll come back in an hour once the Smoke roms have downloaded. :)

Updated rom pack from SmokeMonster resolved all issues except Decathlete which still has garbled graphics.

The other listed games in my post above that previously weren't working are now working.

Last edited:
Updated rom pack from SmokeMonster resolved all issues except Decathlete which still has garbled graphics.

The other listed games in my post above that previously weren't working are now working.

i can live with that :P

Thanks, that explains why Decathlete doesn't work. :)

Is there a list of games with special requirments? E.g. Decathlete protected, Batman needs additional sound hardware, Bowling needs a trackball etc.

Too many pinned posts I think, difficult to find information. Maybe have a single main pinned post with info such as:

Where to buy
How to install
Rom pack
Games with issues
Accessories

Etc.

Thanks, that explains why Decathlete doesn't work. :)

Is there a list of games with special requirments? E.g. Decathlete protected, Batman needs additional sound hardware, Bowling needs a trackball etc.

Too many pinned posts I think, difficult to find information. Maybe have a single main pinned post with info such as:

Where to buy
How to install
Rom pack
Games with issues
Accessories

Etc.
The garbled graphics and missing sprites were solved by most part by the boot precedure. I wasn’t waiting long enough for flashing originally.

My procedure is turn off > set pins for game

Turn on > 2 green leds will stay solid for about 50 seconds

1 green led will stay solid (flashing done)

Hit set > service > set

I would like to know how to get Pokémon Print Club working. My son would dig it.

Is there any easy spot to tap into the 2 LED's on the multi cart if I want to add LED's to a game cart shell?

Back