What's new
If I own the ST-V multi and a Batman Forever sound board, would I be able to play Batman Forever with the sound on the multi?

You could, but would require some modifications on the PCB of the multi. We will think of something when we have a bit more of time.

You could, but would require some modifications on the PCB of the multi. We will think of something when we have a bit more of time.
Cool, I was just wondering because a new member of KLOV just purchased an ST-V motherboard with the Batman Forever cart and sound board and was needing info on the wiring to connect them.

Do you happen to know which connectors are needed? I would assume it's something simple, but I have no idea.

So I told him to post over here about it and to check out the multi-kit. :D

Thanks!

Hey guys I bought my multi when they came out and i have never been able to get it to work 100% every now and then it will work and load a game but 99.9% of the times it will give me an error. I have never really had the urge to fix it until now that I am locked in my flat with nothing to do. can it be that mine was just faulty?

Hey guys I bought my multi when they came out and i have never been able to get it to work 100% every now and then it will work and load a game but 99.9% of the times it will give me an error. I have never really had the urge to fix it until now that I am locked in my flat with nothing to do. can it be that mine was just faulty?
Location? Maybe someone nearby can test your cart on their ST-V board to rule out the multi as faulty.

Hi Voltron,

most of the times these problems stem from the misconception that the game switch will be instantly after switching DIP settings. What actually happens whenever you switch the DIPs and power on the board again, is that the cartridge begins reading the data from the SD card and flashing it to the flash chips. Similar to the CPS2 multi.

Here are a few tips that you can try:

- Make sure the PROG led lights up whenever you switched DIP settings and switched the board back on
- Only after the PROG led turned off, it is safe to restart the system and enjoy the new select game :)

If that works, here are some additional steps to make things more convenient when switching games:

- Connect a mini speaker to the cartridge, which will make the start and end of the flashing process audible
- Connect the reset wire as described in the ST-V multi documentation. This will actually allow you to simply switch the game without another manual power reset. It basically freezes the system when turning the board on, until the new game has been written and is ready to rock.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

CF

@CoinFeeder after tinkering with it for a couple of days and trying your recomendations i get the same error message. "ERROR ON CARTRIDGE.PRESS SERVICE BUTTON TO EXIT" I don't know what else to try.

Did the Batman forever card with sound is dumped ?

Is it possible to convert a STV card into fully working batman forever with sound?

Did the Batman forever card with sound is dumped ?

Is it possible to convert a STV card into fully working batman forever with sound?
The original Batman Forever ST-V game used a special daughterboard connected by a harness. The ST-V Multi can't provide the missing sound, and you can't convert another ST-V cart either.

One solution that might work would be if someone hacked the Sega Saturn home version's sound code into the ST-V arcade game. There doesn't seem to be much interest in the community for doing that, but we do have a thread on the forum trying to get a bounty together for it:

The Batman Forever Sound Project

Batman Titan.jpg

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna follow it.
Looks like nobody wants to do it for the moment

@CoinFeeder after tinkering with it for a couple of days and trying your recomendations i get the same error message. "ERROR ON CARTRIDGE.PRESS SERVICE BUTTON TO EXIT" I don't know what else to try.
I might be wrong, but ai believe in some situations might need to press that service button anyway after switching games, but I might be wrong. Can you record a video of the whole process?

I have a problem with my multicard. Games show up in Testmenu but are not starting. Iam getting black screen and nothing shows up. I tested on 2 boards. Both boards have the multi bios installed and are working with original cards. I already tried to adjust the voltage nothing worked. Hope someone has some advcie for me how to get it working..

Did you try the exact same game that you have on original? I know that faulty STV Motherboards will still work with some games, althought one of the SH2 processors would need a rework.

My advice is to do a rework on the 2 SH2 processors and check again.

thank you for your answer Darksoft. I first tried the same games but i wasnt able to boot them. Maybe was my fault now another game booted. Maybe i havent waited long enoughh after the first boot to install the game from the sd to the card. Changed the jumpers and waited a few minutes with error message. I dont know why but the sounds where missing on my sd card so the card didnt played start and end when flash writing... Now one game worked. Will try others. Does the card always resets when jumpers are changed after reboot?
Thanks for your help..

Now one game worked. Will try others. Does the card always resets when jumpers are changed after reboot?
Hmmm, did you install the reset cable? What happens if you power off and on after rewritting a new game (without changing the dip switches)?

I didnt install the wire. I changed jumpers and was able to boot a game after the error screen. Afterwards reboot and jumper changed had no effect .even after a few reboots the game didnt change so i was thinking that the card has to be powered down for a few minutes after jumper changig. thats why i asked..

If you didnt install the wire, then you may have been updating the game in circles.

Set the dip switches to the game you want, power on and you will see 2 lights in the cart, when one of them goes off, then you can power cycle, but to be 100% you should install the reset wire.

Back