What's new
Soubda like he isnt waiting long enough for the new game to load before power cycling. If you change the jumpers the cart will automatically try to load a different game. If you just leave the jumpers alone the last game loaded should boot once power cycled.

Yes what I thought, but when I change the jumpers then often it reloads the already booted game and doesn't install a new one. That's why I was asking. Didn't want to install the reset wire cause I them also have to update the firmware I thought...

I bought it last December so I should have the new firmware and must only install the wire?

I bought it last December so I should have the new firmware and must only install the wire?
yes just install the wire. Optionally you can install the audio wires to get audio when the game starts loading and finishes.

So after all this time a friend who also owns one let me borrow his and it worked fine which leads me to believe that mine was bad from the beginning. :(

When and where did you buy from? Please contact the place where you bought your kit from.

I installed the wire but the problem is still present. I have to start a few times before a new game is loaded.
Sometimes 2 times, sometimes 10 times its strange...

One of the CPU chips of the STV motherboard. Prone to failure due to cracked solder joints. They're a surface mount chip and their location on the PCB makes them prone to lifting due to the stress placed on the board when inserting / removing a game cartridge.

A question, which I'm sure has been answered by my tired arse can't find: Any guidance on preferred STV "BIOS" settings? I note that many of the ROM images won't run in "multi-cart" mode. Any downside to turning that off?

Example:
IMG_0639.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC most of the roms work with any region. For sure the Japanese one will run them all.

You do it with the Service and Test buttons. Mine were wired into the control panel, but not sure whether that is the standard or not.

You do it with the Service and Test buttons. Mine were wired into the control panel, but not sure whether that is the standard or not.
No control panel on mine, just the PCB in a Lions acrylic case. Was able to poke at the buttons on the board with a plastic splunger.

I don't know why but I can't get the region to change with the multibios. No matter what button I hold down or when I do it always defaults to Japan.

Back