What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I will be selling these ALMOST FULLY ASSEMBLED for $50

LAST CHANCE!!! I WILL INSTALL YOUR MODULE FOR FREE IF YOU SEND YOUR PCB TO ME AND PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING!!!!! OFFER ENDS 9/1/21!!

IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE THEN PLEASE CONTACT @caius TO PURCHASE (his pricing and services will be slightly different)

You will need to harvest the ASIC from your existing sound module and solder it to this brand-new module. There is a small chance the ASIC is what was bad on your module and currently there is no way to reproduce the ASIC. If you need me to install it for you I can for a fee. Just contact me via PM

I am offering the female headers as an option for an additional $5. This will allow you to plug and uplug the module instead of hard soldering it to the pcb. This is good in case you need to do future repairs. You simply solder these headers into your pcb and then just plug the module into the headers.

4uGp3k9.jpg

tZH2S14.jpg

BFfM0nt.jpg

fcoHIzw.jpg

We are selling two module reproductions. They are listed below with the games they are used with.

X-men
Xexex

054986A

Lethal Enforcers
GI Joe
Metamorphic Force
Run N Gun
Premiere Soccer
Bucky O'hare
Violent Storm
Monster Maulers
Cowboys of Moo-Mesa
Martial Champions
Gaiapolis
Mystic Warriors

There is also a 056747 module out there that is fully compatible with the 054986A module.

Last edited:
Nice, that looks sexy as hell!!

Removing the ASIC kinda scares me, will try out removing a chip from an old PC motherboard and see how that goes using desoldering braid, before possibly purchasing a hot air station.. :)

Nice, that looks sexy as hell!!

Removing the ASIC kinda scares me, will try out removing a chip from an old PC motherboard and see how that goes using desoldering braid, before possibly purchasing a hot air station.. :)
If you want to send me the old module I'll transplant it for you for free. It only takes a minute or two with a hot air station. If you need me to remove the old module and install the new one that'll cost ya. ;)

Thanks that's a nice offer. I do have a desoldering gun so removing the module should be fine :) I'm in Europe though and I've been thinking of purchasing one for quite some time, might be the right moment to pull the trigger :)

Ahhh true. So you need to go through Caius. His pricing is different than mine now though I think.

BTW I cut the old modules off of my pcbs then remove the pins one at a time. It's nearly impossible to do so by desoldering the entire thing.

Do you guys by chance sell sockets for the module footprint itself for easy swapping in the future if need be?

Do you guys by chance sell sockets for the module footprint itself for easy swapping in the future if need be?
I am offering the female headers as an option for an additional $5. This will allow you to plug and uplug the module instead of hard soldering it to the pcb. This is good in case you need to do future repairs. You simply solder these headers into your pcb and then just plug the module into the headers.
;)

New special offer listed in the first post. :)

Yes - its a great offer - the more so because soldering this ASIC and assembling all components together is not easy...

just a heads up, I just tried to share this thread with someone looking for a replacement sound module, but this sub-forum is blocked from public view.

So if you want more people to see/buy these It couldn't hurt to have this thread somewhere it can be seen by people outside of A-P.

Back