What's new
After all, my Xexex is not mute anymore!
In addition, this repro looks pretty good.

Great job :thumbsup: - Thank you @caius!
Caius sound hybrids sure look pretty :D I'm having all mine replaced with them (even the working ones!) Thanks again for making these - repairing the originals usually looks ugly. Love the fact these get socketed.

I think we'll be good for another 20+ years of home use thanks to Fab ;)

Just bought myself an X-men 4p board with the original audio module that apparently still works. But I'm thinking I should convert it to this module. Is that recommended for longevity, or should I wait till the module fails? Would putting the ASIC on this reproduction help prolong it from failure?

Just bought myself an X-men 4p board with the original audio module that apparently still works. But I'm thinking I should convert it to this module. Is that recommended for longevity, or should I wait till the module fails? Would putting the ASIC on this reproduction help prolong it from failure?
The '054321' ASIC rarely fails, I never encountered a bad one in all my repairs.For sure the reproduction is more robust than the original ceramic module as well as it can be serviced (replacing capacitors for example) with no fear of breaking it.

Sure, like every piece of electronics the ASIC '054321' can fail too but statistically it has a low rate.There are other Konami customs that are very prone to failure like the '053251' or '053260'.

P.S.
@Apocalypse
Yes, I remember you encountered a faulty '054321' but you managed then to fix your Xexex board thanks to my help.

Last edited:
Good afternoon!

Is this still available for purchase? I am interested in one for an X-Men. I got the dreaded white snow sound whenever I play X-Men.

I have a Lethal Enforcers game that needs the sound board replaced. Someone tried to use axial caps to fix it but it still doesn't work. What do I need to do to have you replace it?

I finally, finally, FINALLY managed to buy one of my all time favourite arcade games, Violent Storm! I will deffinately grab one of these when I have money. Board has not arrived yet, it is in limbo between Greece and Australia. I hope it gets here soon so I can put it in my Blast!

The sound is supposed to be good, but I will still grab one of these for future proofing. If I am ever lucky enough to own another of the boards on these lists, I will buy more. Unless I win the lotto, or this rotten "retro" bubble explodes, I doubt I will be getting any anytime soon ;(

Back