What's new

codecrank

Professional
Reaction score
got some time to hang out and work on the old arcade with a friend, we managed to get a few things done ;D

Skate beat us to the punch, but here we go, enjoy some more outtrigger !

doesn't look like it , but testing all that crap to make sure it runs solid takes a bit ...

39456267095_62bdece827_b.jpg

controls-> cabinet io -> sega io -> trackball io. times 2 , add link cables. lots o wires !!

39642542524_fd44f47731_b.jpg

one of the cabinet had a VS billboard so we switched it out, hoping to get both billboards illuminated the same, all that effort and ...
note to self, get same temp fluorescent tubes :)

38543684250_8df00b749e_b.jpg
f

finally ready ! gotta say the game is real fun, lots of levels , fast action, and it doesn't take too long to get good with the controls.

39642581834_32fc167753_b.jpg

now , if I could only get 2 more panels... :D

now , if I could only get 2 more panels... :D
I already realized that :) , this game is very fun in 4 players

I made 3 custom panels with twin sticks to pick up handles combined with LSX-57 seimitsu stick and virtua golf panels for trackball and management card

The video is shot on an HFS 3 arcade meeting

Good luck to you to find the rest

One of these days I'll actually set mine up. I'm Also looking for 2 more panels to make a complete set.

You could also move that Billboard setup to the Sonic the Fighters cab since it's supported in that game (though if it's anything like VO then the support will be minimal and boring, especially in 1 player mode).

You could also move that Billboard setup to the Sonic the Fighters cab since it's supported in that game (though if it's anything like VO then the support will be minimal and boring, especially in 1 player mode).
Yes you can, it's a same trackball but it will miss the I/O board for the trackball that connects to the I/O of the cabinet. It's for this reason I have take a virtua golf panel.

If you create a custom panel you can take a Happ Trackball. Be careful it's almost like a few mm, I think it's because of US measures for the Happ and EU for the Japanese.

The plastic of this trackballs, age very badly, the holes are often broken

NICE !

yeah the sega trackball are the ONLY ones that fits the sega enclosures ... got a pile of them, I'd need 2 trackball JVS encoders and a dreamcast/twinstick and I could make 2 :D

Our representation at HFS 4 event (4,5 and 6 may), improved setup with marquee and overlay on the 3 panels reproduced.

We just miss the intruction card to finish.

It's amazing, the game as each time has worked a lot, the most surprising are the very young who hangs the most

That is a kick ass setup there. How are you guys finding your virtua golf panels to sacrifice? I've been looking located a virtua golf panel to use with the game. I sold my panel years ago and have never seen another one since. I kick myself for selling it.

I've been looking located a virtua golf panel to use with the game
At this point I think the Virtua Golf panels are nearly as hard to find as proper Outtrigger panels.

Ironically I've seen more legit Outtrigger panels for sale than I've seen Virtua Golf panels.

I've got 4 Outtrigger carts, 4Link boards, 4 Outtrigger Marquees, 2 Full panels, and 2 more legit trigger sticks... So I just need 2 more panels with trackballs for a full setup.

I've been looking located a virtua golf panel to use with the game
At this point I think the Virtua Golf panels are nearly as hard to find as proper Outtrigger panels.
Ironically I've seen more legit Outtrigger panels for sale than I've seen Virtua Golf panels.

I've got 4 Outtrigger carts, 4Link boards, 4 Outtrigger Marquees, 2 Full panels, and 2 more legit trigger sticks... So I just need 2 more panels with trackballs for a full setup.
Killing me. I can probably help a bit. I'll PM you.

Never heard of this game. Reminds me of the Midway game "The Grid" that they used to have at Mesa Golfland. Was loads of fun when you had a 4p battle.

I've talked to each of you separately about Outtrigger already I think! posting a photo of my 2 player setup, and of course I'm also looking for 2 panels.. someday an event will actually want them - probably MAGFest would be the perfect event to put a 4 player setup with projectors like in the above video.

Does anyone have a scan of the move strip? Also need to get another marquee made..

Attachments

• DYb5GsNU0AAYOAX.jpg
    DYb5GsNU0AAYOAX.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 344
That is a kick ass setup there. How are you guys finding your virtua golf panels to sacrifice? I've been looking located a virtua golf panel to use with the game. I sold my panel years ago and have never seen another one since. I kick myself for selling it.
I have yours, remember buying on ebay for 50$ , what a steal that was :P

the trackballs I have I got off yaj , by themselves, those encoders are hard to find.

Hah! That's right. I forgot that. Well that makes me feel better it went to you. That bitch was NOS. Please tell me you didn't sacrifice her.

naaah man, it's still pristine, lemme know if you wanna borrow it for a while, haven't played it long time.

Anyone with the original Outtrigger control panels care to scan them or now if s and exist?

Working in repro panels and I've almost re-created the panel art from scratch but would prefer an actual scan if available.

Would also look to buy 1 or more panels if anyone is interested in selling.

Thanks!

Back