What's new
It will be quite some time before I can get to it but if no one else does I'll do it. If you're going to Replay FX I'm bringing a 4 player setup there.

Does anyone have good scans of the instruction strips? I think that's the last piece I need for my setup.

Here is my scan of the other strip. As aI mentioned above in their own they look good but when next to each other their backgrounds don't match.

I was thinking of re-scanning them both but at the same time to prevent the colors from getting off...I am crazy like that so if you are fine with how they look then you are good to go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-r3M9n-o_fjkvZrM4K4-mTrXkkVSuxC7/view?usp=drivesdk

I also created an Outrigger Panel overlay from scratch by scouring the internet for photos since I was unable to find a scan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QmxnS1PZVvnF2le3e7dDyUMAN70Sfbxp/view?usp=drivesdk

If someone can scan theirs and share I would appreciate it so that I can tweak mine if needed.

I have been posting updates to my Sega NAOMI Outtrigger setup under the #SummerofSega tag on Twitter. To save space I built a "mini" rack of 4 NAOMIs I am calling my Sega NAOMI Swarm.

Building the panels is the last step!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for all

I went to see on tweeter.
I do not understand how you did to connect the trackballs without the specific card.
Can you say more?

I connected the trackball wiring to a type 2 board and then connected the type 2 board with a USB cable to a Rev B board for the remaining player controls.

In the system menu it will find both jvs nodes. I'll need to Confirm the type 2 dip switch settings and pins for the trackball. Both i/o boards will also need power.

That's interesting. The Type 2 has a ton of digital inputs (link to pinout). What is missing from it? Or is the game coded in the way that it will always look for digital inputs from a second board in the JVS chain?

That's interesting. The Type 2 has a ton of digital inputs (link to pinout). What is missing from it? Or is the game coded in the way that it will always look for digital inputs from a second board in the JVS chain?
the two trackball games (outtrigger and Viruta Golf) both take their digital inputs from Node 1 JVS device and take their rotary encoder inputs from Node 2 JVS device.

normally these games expect a type 1 IO in the cab and then have a small dedicated rotary encoder JVS IO mounted to the underside of the control panel (since Type 1 doesn't support that).

Type 2 has rotary encoder inputs and technically has enough digital inputs to handle all of the Outtrigger or Virtua Golf controls on it's own, but because of the way the game expects the rotary inputs on a second node, you need to use 2 IO boards; you can't use a Type 2 on it's own.

I'm jealous and wish you luck finding two more blast city cabinets for a 4p Outrigger link. Fun multiplayer game too.

They're nearly impossible to find. When I got rid of my pair of panels the trade I worked out was about $300 USD each in value
I've still got them, and I picked up a 3rd complete panel for $350, and a 4th panel that I pieced together from parts.

Prices have gone bonkers since though i've seen a couple sell over $600 each

They're nearly impossible to find. When I got rid of my pair of panels the trade I worked out was about $300 USD each in value
I've still got them, and I picked up a 3rd complete panel for $350, and a 4th panel that I pieced together from parts.
Prices have gone bonkers since though i've seen a couple sell over $600 each
I was off the forums for about a year and a half, seems prices on everything has gone crazy.

I want to sell my Outtrigger Control panel but its a heavy 3kilo piece

I want to sell my Outtrigger Control panel but its a heavy 3kilo piece
Throw it up for sale here with a price. Maybe someone is willing to spend the postage money on it!

Back