What's new

TheDrunkenArcade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up a T2 in a lot.. was told it just needed a new power supply - but some testing proved that was wrong - the cabinet works great when I put a SF board into it.. so I put the T2 board into my SF cab - and NOTHING.. Its getting power, one of the LED's is lit up.. but that is it.. the machine just gets a blue screen like its not getting output from the board..

I reseated the eeproms.. but still nothing.. the board is getting 5v, I dont see corrosion, I dont notice anything blatantly obvious - it wont even get to the eeprom test screen.. Thoughts where to start?

Thanks
- Rick

feel all the chips to see if any are cooking.

Thought that too.. checked the main board.. nothing.. I need to check the gun boards and the sound board yet.. im going to go back through the manual and look at the wiring make sure that the sound board was wired correctly.. going to pull the pals off that and reseat them tonight.. going to be a long night

So I found what looks to be corrosion on the following chips:

U104
U105
U110

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WV6wIWBrUOx5vR5zZqLhaQ1sCfYU1ifX

as well as some funky stuff at the bottom of the reset switch on the back of the board.. IF I was to be able to clean the corrosion.. what are my repair options.. its it a matter of just desoldering the chips and replacing them ?
am I crazy and thats not corrosion?
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm not seeing a picture. Upload your pics to a file hosting site like tinypic so you can just post them in the thread for us to see.

Found 2 of the DRAM chips where extremely hot. Ordered replacements.. going to desolder and swap them.. HOPEFULLY this is the only issue with the board.. more to come at the end of the week.. any other thoughts since now I know that I have 2 bad DRAM - should I be looking for what fried them - or is it a one and done deal?

Thoughts?

cleaned all the corrosion, replaced the dram.. NOTHING..

so.. going to send this board off to someone to fix it.. already replaced it though -- so it will be a spare.. can it be converted to anything else by chance? I mean once it gets fixed it will be a good board.. I could sell it-- but if it can be re purposed -- why not.

Back