What's new
I'm not sure how the cart saves the settings exactly, @Darksoft should confirm.

But game specific dip settings should be save on the SD card in each game folder so that shouldn't be affected by your battery

They are all saved in the file called BUFF in the microSD
Good to know, thanks DS. File's there (along with other 3 files for the slots) but the cart is still always loading default preferences.

While settings are saved in the BUFF file many menu settings are also saved on the motherboard as if the menu was a game. So a working battery is necessary to save all settings between boots.

The cart arrived in great condition and is a professional piece of work as with all the other Multis that Darksoft has produced.

It took me a little bit of time to understand the workings of it (slots, etc), but for my needs, it works just fine. All of the issues I've had have been addressed in other threads and I'm sure they will be sorted out in due time.

Obviously, many who own this cart would like to customize it to be PERFECT to their PERSONAL wants, but I find these "requests" to be ridiculous. We should be grateful for another quality product and look forward to firmware updates which I'm sure won't disappoint. PATIENCE.

Also, I'm really enjoying loading up three games at once and then switching between them! I game hop a bit, and the NeoSD cart was an absolute chore to play games for me, so his one's a beauty -- loading times are insane compared to the competition! Thanks!

I've finally managed to find some time to set it up

I've got myself a samsung evo 16GB memory card, downloaded Smokemonster pack plus the latest menu

...and

It works like a charm on my Omega Mvs
Loading 3 games into memory is blazing fast and I am really loving it so far

This is my first Darksoft product and I can see why everyone swear by him

Great works to all involved
F5F023F2-8ACA-46F0-989D-B7A057A325C1.jpeg

Attachments

• F1706427-207E-47E9-85CB-FE9E70405A14.jpeg
    F1706427-207E-47E9-85CB-FE9E70405A14.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Obviously, many who own this cart would like to customize it to be PERFECT to their PERSONAL wants, but I find these "requests" to be ridiculous. We should be grateful for another quality product and look forward to firmware updates which I'm sure won't disappoint. PATIENCE.
Why? Why is it ridiculous to request some customization features?
I don't wanna sound antagonistic but with a 400.- cart I don't find it ridiculous to request some basic options or some customization.

For example: what is the advantages of the slot system? Having a direct boot option from the game list with no need for button combos to return there would be nice to have.

Because, it's a product that's been provided well within the specs that Darksoft originally gave and ultimately that's all any of us paid for. He didn't say "by the way, hit me up after you get it and tell me exactly how each of you want it and I'll customise it for you with your basic options".

It's no different than buying a $30,000 car or $2,000 fridge. Do you contact them on their forum and ask them for some basic options or customisation. Nope.

To reiterate, I'm not saying it's wrong, I (personally) just find it ridiculous the entitlement that people seem to have in this hobby and even in the world these days. More thanks, less requests and demands is how I see it. But hey, do however you feel. I'm sure Darksoft is listening to all the requests and will make amends to the firmware accordingly.

The advantages of the slot system are for people like myself who want to play a few games in a sitting being able to program them in and then hop between them. I really dig this feature and also the simplicity of it all and it really saves a lot of time in the long run programming game after game after game. Cheers.

Because, it's a product that's been provided well within the specs that Darksoft originally gave and ultimately that's all any of us paid for. He didn't say "by the way, hit me up after you get it and tell me exactly how each of you want it and I'll customise it for you with your basic options".

It's no different than buying a $30,000 car or $2,000 fridge. Do you contact them on their forum and ask them for some basic options or customisation. Nope.
Depends. If I found out that my new car has two gas pedals but no break I would ask for some other options. ;)

Jokes aside... its not a car we are talking about but software. And all forums of all software manufacturers are full with feature requests and people pointing out bugs and flaws.
To reiterate, I'm not saying it's wrong, I (personally) just find it ridiculous the entitlement that people seem to have in this hobby and even in the world these days. More thanks, less requests and demands is how I see it. But hey, do however you feel. I'm sure Darksoft is listening to all the requests and will make amends to the firmware accordingly.

The advantages of the slot system are for people like myself who want to play a few games in a sitting being able to program them in and then hop between them. I really dig this feature and also the simplicity of it all and it really saves a lot of time in the long run programming game after game after game. Cheers.
Well, thats what options are for. If you like it thats fine. But having another option for people who dont find this intuitive or practical at all would be nice. For me having in game buttoncombos is the antithesis of arcade gaming. Having them as options is always nice but having them forced on you is something I dont like. Maybe its just me. And maybe Darksoft just says "F*** you I dont care!". But maybe others would be glad to have those options too. Maybe Darksoft simply didnt think of it. Devs tend to develop tunnel vision with projects. It happens. I know that myself.

Come on guys.
All feedback is good!
We all have ideas that we ourselves would love to see implemented just for us but please look at the bigger picture.
The cart firmware upgrade need to stay on track for games first.
If we are very lucky some of our ideas may get noticed put in a poll and finally appear.

I'm not picking sides.
On an idea moment, maybe in the distant future we could have two firmwares:-
The multi slot type setup. (Boot to menu)
A single game (near instant boot)

Please give it time, and just enjoy the fact we can now play the full game set from one cart.

Many possibilities are there and time will say. Look at CPS2 and how many improvements have been released over time. Bugs have priority over extra features though.
I agree with this, bugs should be priority, however I am asking again: can the cart *PLEASE* not use the backup memory to save its settings? my reasoning is that the games' settings themselves (dip switches) seem to be saved on the cart, makes sense the cart itself to do the same. Also, it would not need having a battery working (yes, my MVS has a dead battery, but since the neosd+unibios do not require it, and those work fine without it, saving scores and whatnot, I'd like this cart to be the same). Also, I highly dislike the menu with the music, which this cart always plays since it can't save the settings. Even after a reboot, which surprised me.

One bug I noticed: even if my BIOS is set to Europe, the cart always says it's USA. The BIOS is correct, so, something's off in the cart.

So, there's my request, thanks for any help with it.

I am pretty sure you can set the region on the cart, but since you don't have a battery, it must keep defaulting back to USA.
First thing I did was go into the menu and disable the music.

I do wish the cart came with an LCD box like the CPS2 did, set the game in there and close the coin door, no one is the wiser :)

I am pretty sure you can set the region on the cart, but since you don't have a battery, it must keep defaulting back to USA.
Now that you mention it, I agree that's probably what is going on, however I thought the cart "read" the current region from the BIOS. No clue how, but if you can set the region to whatever you want, I guess you can read what somebody set it to before and display that? just a thought.

back to the topic.. This is how I play the Multi

rIhKKOJ.jpg

I tated my cab, so (part of) my horizontal needs are supported by a B&O MX7000 RGB TV, a Chinese 6-in-1, and a HAS.

In the image you can see: F3 Multi, MVS Multi, CPS3 Multi, CPS2 Multi, CPS1 Multi and ST-V Multi

MVS Multi works great, I hated the neogeo platform but looks like there are some nice shmups as well :)

I Have tested 5 different DS Multi Carts with this setup :)

I do wish the cart came with an LCD box like the CPS2 did, set the game in there and close the coin door, no one is the wiser :)
This was put to the community very early on after Darksoft announced his intention to make the multi cart and overwhelmingly people wanted an on screen menu.

This seemed to be primarily due to cMVS and AES systems where having the seperate screen and associated cable is a big hindrance and not a clean solution. Also given the number of games on the system it would take a long time to find the specific title you might want.

The community was also asked about the 3 games on cart system and again overwhelmingly people wanted the 3 games at once solution.

My understanding is quite a bit of extra development work went into making this happen and the community was even asked which type of memory they preferred/how they wanted the multiple games loaded system to function.

This was put to the community very early on after Darksoft announced his intention to make the multi cart and overwhelmingly people wanted an on screen menu.

This seemed to be primarily due to cMVS and AES systems where having the seperate screen and associated cable is a big hindrance and not a clean solution. Also given the number of games on the system it would take a long time to find the specific title you might want.

The community was also asked about the 3 games on cart system and again overwhelmingly people wanted the 3 games at once solution.

My understanding is quite a bit of extra development work went into making this happen and the community was even asked which type of memory they preferred/how they wanted the multiple games loaded system to function.
If I would be a cynic I would say this is again proof that democracy doesn't work. :saint:

Back