What's new
This was put to the community very early on after Darksoft announced his intention to make the multi cart and overwhelmingly people wanted an on screen menu.

This seemed to be primarily due to cMVS and AES systems where having the seperate screen and associated cable is a big hindrance and not a clean solution. Also given the number of games on the system it would take a long time to find the specific title you might want.

The community was also asked about the 3 games on cart system and again overwhelmingly people wanted the 3 games at once solution.

My understanding is quite a bit of extra development work went into making this happen and the community was even asked which type of memory they preferred/how they wanted the multiple games loaded system to function.
Yeah, I've been on these boards from the start, I remember the thread. I voted for the external LCD then too. I guess I just love how I can pick a game on my CPS2, and if I shut the machine off, then power it up a month later, the same title loads instantly. You'd never know its a multi. I'd definitely like the 3 slot more if I could wire my 2 slot game select button into it, but I cant (external pin/jumper was also snubbed). I also like how hidden the Multi is on CPS2, something that can't really be done with the way the MultiMVS functions.

I don't like menu shortcuts and things of that ilk, kids always find a way to screw things up. Mike Doyle's 96 in 1 Pac Kit has shortcuts for an on screen menu and it took the trick or treating kids about 2.1 seconds to figure out a way out of the selected game and they had my wife's high-scores cleared before I could run over to the machine to stop them. Lock an LCD behind a coin door and they can't cause as much trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I still think its an amazing piece of tech. This is the user feedback thread so I'm providing feedback. I don't think the menu in its current form is good and I'd love the option of a boot to a bare game menu list, and just hit start to play. A pipe dream would be for the multi to boot up to the last game selected automatically, unless certain buttons were held during power up and that being the only way to change games (ie no shortcut to menu after game boots unless you power cycle)

I totally understand where you're coming from. I just feel like feedback is somewhere you should talk about things that can be changed, rather than those that can't

The bare menu idea is a good one, I seem to remember it's already been talked about as a potential option after the bugs are worked out.

I also like the idea of not being able to get into the menu while in game. I understand why they went that way, but personally I'd like to see an option down the track where you hold a button while powering it up like the CPS3.

Don't get me wrong, I still think its an amazing piece of tech. This is the user feedback thread so I'm providing feedback. I don't think the menu in its current form is good and I'd love the option of a boot to a bare game menu list, and just hit start to play. A pipe dream would be for the multi to boot up to the last game selected automatically, unless certain buttons were held during power up and that being the only way to change games (ie no shortcut to menu after game boots unless you power cycle)
Well, I wanted something like that, too. And you can actually have that already. You just set boot mode to "game" in the menu. Then it automatically boots the game in slot 1. Thats something I like quite a bit.
The current version of the menu doesnt store those settings, though. So you cant use it like that.
But when the menu works as it usually does this is a nice way to circumvent the slot menu and to get into the game list menu you have to hold start during boot.
If you use "start" to quick select a game it automatically sets it for slot 1 and deletes all other slots. So this too disables the in game buttons to switch slots.

I think once the bugs are fixed, there will be updates to the functionality of the cart. Updated firmware and menu. Give it some time to mature. Remember, this cart was created out of thin air from nothing but an idea.

In the mean time, go play some games!!!

:D

My Friday got a whole lot better when the postman dropped this off. Hope to spark it up this eve. If not, I’ve got the whole weekend to give it a go. 8)

Massive thanks to everyone involved :thumbsup:

71FA6D20-1A70-4EB8-AAF7-1094F8EE7E06.jpeg

Setup:
Sandisk Ultra 16gig (used without issue on my cps2 multi in the past)
MVS1A motherboard
Unibios 3.0
New Astro City @ ~ 5.00v (Franco’s goods coming in handy as always ;) )

I’ve got limited experience with anything MVS and/or Unibios related, so tried to do a bit of reading up beforehand.
Made sure all games and menu files were present and correct on my PC so I could copy everything to the sd card in one go.
Cleared the nvram before popping the cart in.
Booted and waited for the update to complete.
Loaded MS1, MS3 and MSX onto the slots. Played 10 to 15 mins of each before moving to the next.
Cleared all slots.
Tinkered with settings to boot directly to game, and then loaded Pulstar using only slot 1. Did the same for Last Blade 1 and 2. Tested going back to the menu via right/start and doing a power cycle and holding start to load new games.
Played a bit of SVC and FF3.

Not the most amount of play time, but all in all I haven’t experienced any issues. No graphical/audio glitches and no crashes, freezes or reboot loops.

Bloody marvellous stuff :thumbsup:

Wow no Multi MVS forum posts for over 12 hours!
Take it you all are playing not posting. Please when you get time ( i know flashing new games only takes seconds ) post your reviews / feedback.

everyone, I've played at least 15 hours already with the Multi. But it does not work around.
My hardware:
Mvs 1-B
No Unibios
5.0V power
All new updates on it.
Now for the problems:
Baseball Stars 2 always gets a beeping sound throughout.
Neo Turf Masters sometimes fobktiobiert in slot 3 again only slot 1 or slot 2. It always depends on which games are loaded in the slot 1,2,3. Sometimes it also gets stuck in the slots during loading and I have to restart the system. So it does not run defenetically error-free. There are always problems loading games. Some of them seem to be incompatible with each other in the slots.

everyone, I've played at least 15 hours already with the Multi. But it does not work around.
My hardware:
Mvs 1-B
No Unibios
5.0V power
All new updates on it.
Now for the problems:
Baseball Stars 2 always gets a beeping sound throughout.
Neo Turf Masters sometimes fobktiobiert in slot 3 again only slot 1 or slot 2. It always depends on which games are loaded in the slot 1,2,3. Sometimes it also gets stuck in the slots during loading and I have to restart the system. So it does not run defenetically error-free. There are always problems loading games. Some of them seem to be incompatible with each other in the slots.
This definitely looks like a problem with power. Can you lower it to 4.7v?

We have almost ready a new firm update that should solve all these problems.

Well, maybe it is early, and all issues are not solved by now but I can say that the Multi-MVS it is a fantastic thing. All the magic of real SNK cards are here, and it is what it counts the most for me. No emulation, no glitches, no input lag.
Hail Darksoft!

Now we have more DSMulti users AND a new update, feel free to leave any feedback.

It's just for your Review / feedback so any site watchers / poss new buyers can find out what you the lucky end user think!

Back