What's new

Lojack44

Student
Reaction score
Ok, according to the Darksoft video a suicided Marvel VS Capcom board is the best donor board to use for it, but I’ve seen some ones that are phoenixed and not working. What does the board specifically need to work for this kit?

Any suicided but still functioning B board will work, but a G PAL helps if you don't want to solder jumpers. If you can solder jumpers and change a socketed chip then any suicided B is fine.

The only reason people like MvC is it's generally on rev 7 boards which can simply have the ROMs removed, battery removed if it's still in place, multi kit installed and away you go.

MvC uses a G PAL so you don't need to worry about the bodge wire and rev 7 boards have the easily accessible connector for the key writing wires

Any B board will work fine, it's a 10 minute job to set the jumpers, install bodge wire and you connect the key writing wires to a couple of connectors.

Get whatever B board you can with a matching A board as long as it works and it's a good price. Marvel games and Super SF2 are generally well priced, while you can use them, the prices of SSF2X, AvP, Gigawing etc make it a better idea to sell them and find something cheaper ;)

Also: I've got an MvC here at the moment that's on a rev 4 board, they literally used whatever they had on hand to make whatever game was selling. The game doesn't always tell you what revision board it is.

Ok, cool. I think I have a green board Marvel vs Capcom that I can use for this, but it hasn’t suicided. The blue and green boards are the same, correct? I think it’s just the EPROMs that are different...

Also, just to be clear, a phoenixed game will not work correct? It has to be a suicided b-board no matter what?

If it's phoenixed then it's already a suicide board. It would be ideal to use a suicide board instead of killing a perfectly good working board.

Ok cool, I found this one for sale, it’s a green case revision 7 board, but I’m not sure that’s a G-pal chip on it, plus it seems to have graphics issues. Is this still a good candidate for a Darksoft kit?

If the pcb has gfx issues then it will most likely still have issues when the multi is installed.

You might want to reach out to @undamned as he deals a lot with cps2. He sold me a converted progear with a board. Everything on the B board is preconfigured so I just have to drop the multi in when it arrives.

Do any of the combo A+B boards in the metal case work for the kit?

I assume the layout is physically different and therefore a no-go. But thought I’d ask.

Board layout on the black metal case games is completely different from the others. It won't work for the CPS2 Multi.

Back