What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Any possibility of anyone here working on a multi for Namco System 1?

I know vector labs sells a 4 in 1 multi, but I would rather have a proper multi with all the games.

Don't know, but I'm interested!

I know about vector labs solution. I was tempted to buy both. But, I rather pay $5-600 for a solution that will work with one donor board and have all games. :)

Yeah ive been wondering why they split the kit up in two, hori and vertical. is it due to space limitation in the flash roms?

The selection on each kit is probably just limited by the EPROM size on the satellite boards. Some of these games are big and each satellite board covers several chips for each game.

Selection may also be limited for convenience as there is no menu and you have to cycle through games.

As for having every game it seems like the selections are all stuff that had previously been hacked for security checks.

That being said I'd love to see at least a complete vertical or horizontal multi. I have the vertical and the selection is great, but Dangerous Seed and Dragon Spirit would make it so much better. I'd rather see a Namco System 2 multi though.

seems like it's a pretty straight forward setup. with a little bit more invested to do a flash memory/SD card setup you could probably get the whole library on there. Something with dips similar to STV would be nice.

I own the vert version, I understood from Mike protection is preventing missing games from running, don't think/know if there's any difference between vert an horz versions other then EPROM(s).

Full support multi would be awesome.

A complete solution with unhacked ROMs and customs emulation would be awesome. I dread to imagine the price, but still would be cool. And still a bargain in light of rarity and value of these boards.

I own the vert version, I understood from Mike protection is preventing missing games from running, don't think/know if there's any difference between vert an horz versions other then EPROM(s).

Full support multi would be awesome.
Sorry for the necro-bump. Would it be possible for hacked versions of roms to work on this solution, then?

Back