What's new
That's not normal. I think you have a problem with your motherboard. I've never seen so many games failing ever and specially with a MV1FS which works well.
I think most issues have been reported with MV-1FS or MV-1F boards, the MV-1FZ boards are looking to work well :)
THIS ^
Please tell me you have a MV1FS on it's way to you so you can start troubleshooting this version directly.
i do :thumbup:
Awesomeeee :thumbsup:

That's not normal. I think you have a problem with your motherboard. I've never seen so many games failing ever and specially with a MV1FS which works well.
I think most issues have been reported with MV-1FS or MV-1F boards, the MV-1FZ boards are looking to work well :)
I have a mv1-fz and mv1-fzs and I face some green unibios error screens on both of them.
But it's true that with some other games, it works well :)
I didn't test the 224 games, just 5 or 6 to be honest.

MV1FZS is essentially the same as the MV1FZ and completely different beast than the MV1FS

This is a list of all the MVS single slot models... older up top, newer near bottom:

NEO-MVH MV1 (1990)
NEO-MVH MV1-1
NEO-MVH MV1T
NEO-MVH MV1FT
------ major hardware design change
NEO-MVH MV1F
NEO-MVH MV1FS
NEO-MVH MV1FZ
NEO-MVH MV1FZS
NEO-MVH MV1A (1995-06-19)
NEO-MVH MV1A CHX
NEO-MVH MV1B (1996-01-19)
NEO-MVH MV1B CHX
NEO-MVH MV1B1 (1998-06-17)
NEO-MVH MV1C (1999-04-30)

Last edited:
Aha so that's why Pascal has different results with his MV-1FT. Hardware wise it looks very similar to the MV-1F.

I just love my MV-1FT right now :love:

Multi is running pretty solid now, been dropping coins all night long yesterday without any issues :D

Problems:

Magician Lord - Mid-game play reset into boot intro loop. Can break out to a different virtual slot.

IronClad - Can switch to IC once and play - Switching back to IC after another game failure causes boot intro loop.

Cyber Lip - Can not switch to alternate virtual slot after a complete play through.

Menu - Appears that the menu is not entirely alphabetically sorted. Random titles mixed with in titles of a different letters title.
I haven't tried much else under the official bios release but can run additional tests tonight if that would be helpful towards identifying a resolution for those of us with a MV1FS motherboard.
Are these the only games you tried or the only problems you found?
Just tried the following with similar results:
  • Virtual slot 1 = Ninja Combat = Working.
  • Virtual slot 2 = Metal Slug 5 = Not Working - Bios boot loop. Can not break out have to power cycle.
  • Virtual slot 3 = League Bowling = Not Working - Reboot loop immediately after "Winners don't use drugs" screen. Can not break out have to power cycle.
@'Darksoft please let me know if there's any specific tests or screen captures that would be helpful.

Thank you.
Hey don’t know if you can try adjusting your psu down. I was / am having the same issue but before I had to run out yesterday I had a couple of minutes to test my multi cart again and I dropped the voltage down to about 4.6 on the actual card edge using my multimeter and games that previously wouldn’t boot at all or go into a boot loop now played fine. But I was only able to check it on about 6 games and for only 15 minutes before I had to go help a friend with some construction on his new house.

I suggest trying to tune your voltage been playing almost 2 hours now no boot problems and no menu or switching game problems

I suggest trying to tune your voltage been playing almost 2 hours now no boot problems and no menu or switching game problems
Thank you for this suggestion. I will give grab the multimeter and see what my PSU is doing.

MV1FZS is essentially the same as the MV1FZ and completely different beast than the MV1FS

This is a list of all the MVS single slot models... older up top, newer near bottom:

NEO-MVH MV1 (1990)
NEO-MVH MV1-1
NEO-MVH MV1FT
NEO-MVH MV1F
NEO-MVH MV1FS
NEO-MVH MV1FZ
NEO-MVH MV1FZS
NEO-MVH MV1A (1995-06-19)
NEO-MVH MV1A CHX
NEO-MVH MV1B (1996-01-19)
NEO-MVH MV1B CHX
NEO-MVH MV1B1 (1998-06-17)
NEO-MVH MV1C (1999-04-30)
@twistedsymphony so where should we place MV-1T?

Back