What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i turn on my sega stv it is very quiet, then after some time the sound gets normal and after more time the sound was gone.
turning the screw only caused some noise on the speakers.

Where do I get that in europe?

Can I measure something?

I can sell you a kit and ship it to you but there is no guarantee it will fix the issue. Though the symptoms sound like cap failure.

I can sell you a kit and ship it to you but there is no guarantee it will fix the issue. Though the symptoms sound like cap failure.
I agree what Mitsurugi-w said. Seems like capacitor issue BUT the sound section in ST-V consists of many components that may cause your problem;

1) Capacitors (as said before)
2) Sound amplifier IC (The one bolted to the big aluminum heat sink)
3) D/A converter IC
and may be more

Also make sure your 12V on the power supply is OK. Almost all JAMMA arcade PCBs use 12V in their analog sound section. May be your ST-V is good but your PSU is dying. When the sound is totally gone, try measuring the 12V at the PCB and/or try another PCB. Better yet, try another PSU if you have any spares...

Most of the time a dying PSU don't just die. They start acting strangely and sometimes just before dying they stop regulating voltage and the voltage exponentially increase in a very small timeframe frying the RAMs or most of the time the sound section of the PCB. So I definitely recommend you to measure your voltages on that PSU.

Back