What's new
E

Euphoria

hi :

Who can tell me what the story is with getting at least afterburner climax. Is it available on the multi. Can I run the Unix variant.
Perhaps run a second hard drive and have the other platform games?
Do I need a security chip for each game and can I run a single game loaded so that only this boots up. Or as stated does it boot only to a menu in Unix variant and the windows based platform?
I would like to link 2 Lindbergh yellows with afterburner climax and I have seen a windows ce version and Unix variant. Any help on making my systems work smoothly would be appreciated.
I am also assuming I can get a dvd external USB 2 or 3 compliant drive to work or is it only the Lindbergh one?
Last of all hard drive wise is there a boot loader on the dvd’s / multi loading or do I buy a pre existing loaded hard drive. In other words what happens when I crash the hard drive or have issues with the sector or the drive pcb?

Regards
Euphoria

Sorry, I don't understand well.
For multi you'll need a Yellow Lindbergh + a multi kit (HDD, CF, key)
If you want to use genuine game, you'll need the good Lindbergh mother board version (Yellow for ABC) with its HDD and and CF. Simply install game with ABC DVD and keep the ABC key in the board.
Actually I didn't know you can play After Burner Climax in 2 players mode...

Hi :
Yes head to head. I saw in Japan over 20 years ago an ad listing at some trade show. A afterburner head to head on old sega afterburner dx if head to head mode.
But till now cannot confirm if it came out. There was a place on the old dx cabinets to add a board to do this in serial.
I queried sega japan at the time via fax. Yes fax old thermal fax.
It was available at the time with no details on how to complete it.
But I never could get enough info at the time to find out how or if it was done.
But it could be all in my mind being so long ago. Also japan was hard to converse with spares as I do not know Japanese well enough and it was impossible to confirm much but the boards and a addendum sent via fax. Which I threw away.

Regards
Euphoria

Back