What's new

alexupton

Beginner
Reaction score
Motherboard = MV-1
Bios = sp-u2 (USA V2)

I encountered a strange bug that appears to disable virtual game slot 1.

If I have Kizuna Encounter loaded in slot 3 when the system restarts after 5 seconds it immediately boots to slot 3, however the game will have corrupt GFX. I then press UP + Start to switch to slot 1 but it boots right back to slot 3 and this time the GFX are not corrupt and the game is perfectly playable. Then pressing UP + Start again will boot into slot 2. Pressing Up + Start again boots into a corrupt slot 3. and lastly pressing Up + Start boots into a perfectly playable slot 3 once again and the cylce will repeat each time ignoring slot 1.

I haven't seen this behavior with any other titles in slot 3. Please let me know if any more info would be useful?

Thank you

I will try to reproduce it, which games do you have in slot 1 and 2?

I'll try too, I have some time later today

Apologies, I should have added this info to the original post

Slot1 = Metal Slug 5
Slot2 = Iron Clad
Slot3 = Kizuna Encounter

I still have the cartridge programmed with the same 3 titles, I'll boot up the cabinet later tonight when I get home and see if it does the same thing or if its a fluke.

Thank you for your replies.

Just tested this combo and for me it works perfect.
All 3 games run fine and I can swap slots and go back to the menu like it should.
Also there are 2 version of MS5, so I tested with both in slot 1 :D

Can you try to re-flash the games and see it that works for you?

Btw I tested on a MV-1FT with a Kingston 16GB card, biggest cluster size.
Still running the previous version of the menu.

just tried it on my MV-1C, 64k cluster, sandisk SD 16gb card. Seems fine to me as well!

Back