What's new

TheDrunkenArcade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be possible to switch a TMNT to a simpsons?

so I have tmnt 4 player.. but I have an original simpsons cabinet..

I was thinking of refurbing the cab.. but I dont think I want to spend $400 on a simpsons pcb - when I spent $40 for a TMNT that i have had for years.

Thoughts? Possible?

There was a Simpson PCB not so long ago for around €125 on Arcade Otaku...

well right now -- its a simpsons painted all black.. and jacked up CPO that they put NBA JAM into.. so to convert it.. its going to be at LEAST 4-500$ between artwork, and wood filer, etc..

not including the sticks for the CPO, and then the pcb.. another $400 for a pcb.. im looking at $900 JUST for the restore.

:\ I never liked simpsons that much..
and to resell it after restore - only worth about $1200 -- I paid $300 for the machine anyhow.. so.. :\ its a break even to restore a game I was never like.. ZOMG about.. :\

oh well.. no worries I appreicate the feedback.

Well in that case you might as well restore it to a Turtles, awesome game btw :D

I really should.. but its that deep down knowledge knowing there is a metal tag on the back that says simpsons.. and it having the 2 speakers.. that some purist is going to be like.. 'well its not REALLY a TMNT'

GRUMBLE..

I'd fix/polish it up as a really nice Simpsons cabs, then drop a JAMMA switcher with TMNT into it...
Keep an eye out for a fair price on the PCB in the future and if you find it drop 'er in.

The 4-player cabs are such hulks I'd run as many 4-player games in them as I could.
X-men, TMNT1/2, Simpsons, Sunset, Cowboys, etc etc.

+1 vote for Simpsons :)

It's worth it to be brought back in it's original state and like you said, the tag is still there :D

painted all black
use citri-strip to remove the paint. No joke most often these black painted cabs have better artwork underneath than those cabs that were never painted over because the paint protects it from scratches and fading.

This was my KI2 cab when I got it (picture was taken shortly after I started removing the paint):
machine_03.jpg

Original art revealed after paint removed:
ki2_day2_01.jpg

wood filer,
Use wood glue and wooden dowels to fill any drilled holes, make sure the dowels don't stick up above the surface then just a little bit of wood filler to smooth it over. it creates a much cheaper, less time consuming and better end result then filling them with just wood fill.

Back