What's new

nesjess

Student
Reaction score
Hi All,

Longtime KLOV member here as I'm sure many of you may be. Though, I'm a late 80s-early 90s child so really appreciate you guys creating this forum where games of that era are truly appreciated.

I grew up living and breathing video games with my three brothers, two of whom were early 80s kids. So I've always been surrounded by games from the NES (hence, nesjess) to current platforms. When traditional coin-op arcades were still around, I would tag along with my older brothers and play what I could with the few quarters I could scrounge up. My first arcade game I can remember playing was Trojan at a pizza place next to a 7-11 store my parents used to own. So that would have to be around 1987 as we moved in 1988. So I grew up playing games like Double Dragon, Rastan, Wrestlefest, Strider, 4P Konami, MVS, and of course Street Fighter II. Then everything that came after until arcades started to close down in the mid and late 90s.

We recently moved so I sold many of my arcade games, but kept the few that I play the most. I have a completely restored Donkey Kong (my first game), a Dynamo HS-1 (SFII HF) and a New Astro City (currently using for vertical shmups via JAMMAcast). In terms of the hobby, I haven't been really active, but I occasionally create custom art when I have the time. You can find me on KLOV where I've posted links in my sig for MVS marquees, custom bezels and marquees. I missed CAX this year, but I also help sosage facilitate the annual SFIIHF tournament there.

That's about it. Looking forward to learning more here and seeing some cool projects come to life.

Jess

Last edited:
Welcome! I hope you will contribute here also if you decide to do more. I will also still be around KLOV as imho it is still the best arcade forum on the web.

Back