What's new

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
Hello, new here, so forgive me if this wasn't the correct forum for my questions. I am getting back into this great hobby after a long break. I have a vewlix on it's way from KC(seems to come highly recommended around here). It was labeled as an FC, but from what I have found, wouldn't it just be a "C" version? Anyway, he had it listed on ebay, so you could see it there if you were curious. Anyway, to my question: I want to use this cabinet for Jamma boards. Seeing these are JVS and vga, I am needing to know exactly what I am needing to make this happen. I am not a JVS expert as all I had in the past were regular Jamma cabs. From my research, I think I need something called JVS to Jamma board? I've see ones on ebay, but they seemed confusing to me- some sega, some for CGA monitors, etc. That research didn't help me out much. I found an another site something about maybe needing a CGA to VGA converter too. I am afraid I am going to have this awesome cabinet and only be able to stare at it :0 Can anyone help guide me in this project? Thank-you

FC/C seem to be interchangeable terms for the same cab.

Most JVS to JAMMA boards are problematic. You can try fighting with one if you want, but I wouldn't.

You will need an upscaler of some sort for the video.

You could also just order a JAMMA kit from Taito, but they're roughly $450 when all is said and done.

Last edited:
I think I need something called JVS to Jamma board?
You don't want that, the one from Riverservice is the worst but IMO they all suck/add big lag.
The official Vewlix JAMMA kit direct from Taito is what you want/need.

BVlQ6kt.png

Please see my post here for more information...

If you decide to go custom/home made, I would recommend doing what I did with my Diamond.
Get a HAS (Home Arcade System), a OSSC, a iScan VP30 (or 50 or 50pro), and direct wire your own button harness (bypassing Taito's) ending in DB15 supergun standard plugs.
It really is complex to setup, a pain to configure and very expensive (slightly more than the official kit).

Yup you need to pack all this gear inside the cab
6nBVned.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Jamma kit is to play jamma boards. Get the taito one as J says whatever you do if you want to play jamma boards in the C.

There is a JVS IO board and a Fast IO board for the vewlix from Taito.
I have never bought a JVS IO from them directly, so not sure if they even sell them.
The Fast IO they will not sell, even if they have it.

Wait until you have the cab in hands, so you can see if there is anything else you need to order for it. So you can make one order instead of multiple ones, save $$ on shipping and bank fees as payment to Taito is only via bank wire transfer.

I have never bought a JVS IO from them directly, so not sure if they even sell them.
The Fast IO they will not sell, even if they have it.
I’ve gotten a quote recently about jvs io. Here’s what taito sent me

K9101262B JVS L P.C.B. ASSY VEWLIX L @JPY19,800 -In stock
This part is named ”VEWLIX L ” but can be used for all VEWLIX series.

Ya Fast IO they won’t sell

You also need to think about shipping and bank transfer fees

There is also a minimum order amount instituted by Taito. They charge an additional fee if you don't meet the minimum.

There is also a minimum order amount instituted by Taito. They charge an additional fee if you don't meet the minimum.
It's 15,000JPY. I encountered this a week or so ago.

Really?
I knew they wouldn't sell the Fast IO PCI card for the X hardware... But I thought the Vewlix cab piece was free to purchase.

No doubt it's on that "private" list Taito won't share with us because we aren't Japanese Arcade highrollers.
You know the same list with my Taito Vewlix game bench (the big brother of the 48cm stool). :cursing:

Unlike that GD bench, I actually had a Vewlix Fast IO (with card reader)...
OG675d6.jpg

It came with my Diamond, but I sold it to @Derick2k because I have zero interest in Fast IO.
My arcade joy ends at JVS, and is primarily JAMMA.

Really?I knew they wouldn't sell the Fast IO PCI card for the X hardware... But I thought the Vewlix cab piece was free to purchase.
yup this is response I got from yugo when I asked about it

“We are afraid Fast I/O board for VEWLIX series is not available for sale, it is only for NESiCAxLive.“

Yeah, this "fast IO" stuff is over my head. I'll probably look into that expensive ass shop as I don't really feel like dealing with Taito and having to wire money, currency conversions, etc. I'll pay extra for an easier sale w/o the hassle. So, if anyone has this exact item, I would make it worth it if you wanted to sell it to me. Thanks for all the help thus far guy's.

Yeah, this "fast IO" stuff is over my head. I'll probably look into that expensive ass shop as I don't really feel like dealing with Taito and having to wire money, currency conversions, etc. I'll pay extra for an easier sale w/o the hassle. So, if anyone has this exact item, I would make it worth it if you wanted to sell it to me. Thanks for all the help thus far guy's.
Are you looking for these?

IMG_9140 (1).JPG

If that is the same thing Jassin mentions above that I need than yes sir. Numbers on the box look the same as his. If all is yes, can you sell one to me :) ?

You gonna break him off some kit @Derick2k? ;)

Man, maybe you should bother Yugo about being an official reseller of Taito parts on the East Coast. :D

D hooked up my 2-P Kit, one of the last complete kits ever sold by Taito...
RSsVFyw.jpg

Now you have to order singular parts and build it yourself.
7CABTX5.jpg

You gonna break him off some kit @Derick2k? ;)

Man, maybe you should bother Yugo about being an official reseller of Taito parts on the East Coast. :D

D hooked up my 2-P Kit, one of the last complete kits ever sold by Taito...
RSsVFyw.jpg

Now you have to order singular parts and build it yourself.
7CABTX5.jpg
I missed out on those nice kits. I just ordered all parts the to build it myself. BTW Yugo was great. He was very helpful and made it easier ordering parts. I was shocked how fast order was delivered(Only a few days once payment cleared).One day I'm gonna order one of those jamma kits too

to me this seems like a better solution if chain with an OSSC.
Its a trade off when comparing the Taito video scaler (part of the official JAMMA kit)...
B2viGSC.jpg

With the OSSC (1.6 left, 1.5 right)
SFaA2dD.jpg

Yes the support is better with the OSSC, yes the image is better with the OSSC.
The OSSC however MUST be paired with a iScan VP30/50/50Pro, or the sync timing output won't display on the Vewlix LCD.
The OSSC also must be heavily configured to get that proper look (or in the case of Neo-Geo even display anything at all).

To me the benefit fo having one hacked cab (the Diamond) and one official cab (Taito parts) is wider support.
This is also evident in the missing -5v as Taito's Kit won't do -5v, you can add a RECO with a Negatron attached to support it.
A RECO is also recommended for the Sync regeneration, which helps the Taito Scaler sync some PCBs/games.

Getting this Rampage World Tour working on Vewlix (Diamond) was a huge joy for me.
l9TV2FV.jpg

Midway boards require -5v, they also run at a very strange sync/resolution...
Even when I added the Negatron to Taito's Kit, the video scaler would never lock the sync.
So yea if you wana play MK1/2, NBA Jam, blah blah Midway crap your going to need the more expensive pain to setup hacked setup.

If you would simply like to play some main stream JAMMA boards like CPS1/2/3, most things Konami, Sega System16/18/32/STV, Neo-Geo, Atomiswave, most things Namco...
You'll be fine with Taito's solution, in fact a little better for it because it's less money and when you connect everything it just works (no fiddling around with settings and generating negative voltages).

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks interesting, but looks like more of a WIP. I have a Vewlix enroute. I want to play!! Man Jassin, that kit would be awesome. The control panel, and maybe factory from alot of Viewlix cab's I have seen, are just single player control panel. I suppose that is another hunt trying to wrangle one of those?

Back