What's new
Does Derick have this stuff available, or you mention a Yugo? I would rather exhaust all my options $$ with one of you fine folks here state side first if at all possible. It sounds like there's hope? Not begging or anything, or wait, maybe I am. . . . . :)

Does Derick have this stuff available, or you mention a Yugo? I would rather exhaust all my options $$ with one of you fine folks here state side first if at all possible. It sounds like there's hope? Not begging or anything, or wait, maybe I am. . . . . :)
PM me about what your are looking for, you never know.

I'm just about to take delivery of a Japanese "F" and I have the official upscaler but no wires,adapters or manual to go with it.

Anyone got the instructions on how and where to connect it up? Also what value is the pot?

I have a Konami JAMMA->JVS converter so I'm covered for the controls.

You need the harness and the small interconnect PCB (part #2 below) that sits inside of the control panel.
The "pot" on the scaler is the arcade board preset (aka Neo-Geo, CPS2, etc).

Manual is here (but without that harness it won't help you).
See all the parts you are missing...
wbYsVna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have the bits in boxes 1, 5 & 6.

Looking at the wiring diagram in the manual I should be able to use the Konami JVS->JAMMA adapter for most of it (including the speaker volume setting).

I'll need to tap-off R,G,B,Sync,Video GND and +5V & GND from the edge connector to go to the two connectors on the upscaler.

All the rest I should be able to bypass.

Might be worth checking with Taito... I'm sure it would be expensive but we have the part number(s).

L90-05797A Vewlix JAMMA harness
K92-X0185A Vewlix control PCB
A21-06601A JAMMA volume pot 1/2
L90-05798A JAMMA volume pot 2/2

I have just joined and picked up on this thread. I am intrigued to know how the story ended (somewhat of a cliffhanger!) as i am also trying to hunt down the JAMMA kit - or specifically the control PCB (willing to pay good money for it!).

• I have just joined and picked up on this thread. I am intrigued to know how the story ended (somewhat of a cliffhanger!) as i am also trying to hunt down the JAMMA kit - or specifically the control PCB (willing to pay good money for it!).
i got months looking for a jamma kit good luck lol, as they dont make them no more, the runner up option is jvs I/O with a jammafier. But jammafier been out of stock for a while now and idk when he will be making more (im looking to buy one)

https://irkenlabs.com/

KingSopz- thanks for the quick reply. An unfortunate set of circumstances. The optimist in me feels lucky, but thanks for the Plan B.

The Control PCB seems like a fairly straightforward piece to make for someone that way inclined - did you find anyone willing to try?

I have just joined and picked up on this thread. I am intrigued to know how the story ended (somewhat of a cliffhanger!) as i am also trying to hunt down the JAMMA kit - or specifically the control PCB (willing to pay good money for it!).
Are you just looking for the Taito scaler?

If thats the case use the ossc and wire up the rest/controls,etc..

Are you just looking for the Taito scaler?
If thats the case use the ossc and wire up the rest/controls,etc..
Hi Derick - i have an OSSC but was hoping to keep things as original/official as possible without changing wiring (plus not confident in my wiring capabilities without frying the machine/game/me). I believe i can source most of the components apart from the PCB joint assembly (K92-X0185A in the Taito JAMMA kit). This seems an elusive part.

Hi Derick - i have an OSSC but was hoping to keep things as original/official as possible without changing wiring (plus not confident in my wiring capabilities without frying the machine/game/me). I believe i can source most of the components apart from the PCB joint assembly (K92-X0185A in the Taito JAMMA kit). This seems an elusive part.
since Taito dont make the jamma kit no more and the only way to get one is “IF” someone sells you one Then the closes you can come to original is with the jvs i/o connected to the jammafier and a wei ya psu powering the jammafier.

thats @jassin000 setup in the picture.

Attachments

• F9DE5A46-EAF0-4E45-8B88-B8B62318A9EE.jpeg
    F9DE5A46-EAF0-4E45-8B88-B8B62318A9EE.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 215
Its also worth pointing out that the quality of the OSSC's scale, next to the Taito JAMMA scaler is basically no comparison/contest...
OSSC blows 'em all away!

The two issues however you'll have with replicating a setup like mine.

1 The LCDs in Vewlix cabs are drastically different between models/versions, some (like the LCD in my L-AMI) will NOT accept the OSSC's wacky sync rates.
The LCD inside my Diamond (blue/white) however will (to solve this I recommend replacing the older non-compliant LCDs with @Hadouken Arcade 's LG bracket kit coming soon).

2 The Jammfier outputs raw/PCB video levels with TTL sync, its overloading the OSSC's input that was designed for SCART levels with 75ohm sync.
I've been working with @Frank_fjs to design a solution especially tailored for a setup like mine (its basically just the video portion of his supergun design).
This is the first time I've actually talked about it outside of our private PM, but I think you guys are going to like it once we release the design 100% FOR FREE! :)

I also want to point out @invzim has the "Trisync Helper" device for sale right now.
It will knock the output levels of the Jammafier down to SCART levels and is his official intended solution (I don't like that any of these devices use HD15 tho, HD15 is for VGA damn it, 8pin mini din baby that's our scene standard for 15khz video and its what I'm using).

Also of note, whenever I get hold of a Vewlix JAMMA kit harness, I'll be reproducing them. :)

Just waiting for soooomeeeeooooonnneeee to ship it to me. Ha.

whenever I get hold of a Vewlix JAMMA kit harness, I'll be reproducing them.
Yea the problem with that is you'll also need to reproduce the original interconnect PCB.
mKAioYg.png

Without it you can't link the JAMMA harness to the Taito control panel lead.

Remember official kit totally bypasses any/all IOs (JVS/Fast) installed, its directly wired to the J/K (P1/2) controls via interconnect board.

It would be easy to hack up either an official JAMMA kit harness or a reproduction JAMMA harness, even adapt it to work with OSSC.
But without that PCB isn't never going to be clean looking, so I say the best option today is Jammafier+OSSC (don't even waste your time with that harness, without interconnect its worthless).

I don't think that would be a complicated thing to reproduce at all. Step one is obtain the harness and then step two is changing it just enough to make it work and look nice (with the OSSC as the target scaler).

then step two is changing it just enough to make it work and look nice (with the OSSC as the target scaler).
Well this brings us to problem two, but I actually have the solution for that!
The harness takes video directly from the PCB, because the Taito scaler is designed to work with TTL full RGB levels.
The OSSC however was designed to work with 75ohm SCART RGB levels.

This is where the PCB Frank made for me comes in!
Its purpose is to knock down raw PCB video into something the OSSC will like.

If you put a HD15 connector on the video end of your harness it will plug right into our board.
Our board can also be powered either by a unused pin in the HD15 head itself, or via microUSB (cellphone) port.

I don't think that would be a complicated thing to reproduce at all. Step one is obtain the harness and then step two is changing it just enough to make it work and look nice (with the OSSC as the target scaler).
Whos gonna be the hero and lend my mans here a jamma kit to see what he cooks up lol :whistling:

Whos gonna be the hero and lend my mans here a jamma kit to see what he cooks up lol
Heh, not me I've only got one.
@Derick2k is the man! ;)

BTW this is the current Jammafier setup for anyone who hasn't seen it (I only ran this for testing, I won't continue to use it because I'm afraid of burning out the OSSC).
wUIHzLv.jpg

I also can't run this setup in my L-AMI because its LCD won't play nice with OSSC, Diamond only (until LG monitor replacement).
r8HM0IQ.jpg

What a difference a day makes! Thanks for everyones replies. First world problems but one that surely can be solved with a little energon and a lotta luck. Encouraging.

On the OSSC point regarding RGB levels, I was under the impression its VGA AV3 input could take/needs TTL levels (just not AV1 and 2)?

Back